Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
You connected to the one charger with the old length short cable. All the others have longer cables and are easier to connect without pulling the front of the vehicle over the stops (risking damage to the air deflectors under there). I suggest using the others on future stops.

I passed through Indy today too, but I was in the Rover so I didn't have to stop.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You connected to the one charger with the old length short cable. All the others have longer cables and are easier to connect without pulling the front of the vehicle over the stops (risking damage to the air deflectors under there). I suggest using the others on future stops.

I passed through Indy today too, but I was in the Rover so I didn't have to stop.
You noticed that! The cord was so short I had to pull up to the concrete tire stop. Lol

it still was barely long enough. Had to torque the handle slightly to get it to fit. I think it defaulted though and it charged to 50% and stopped. So I moved to a charger with a longer cord and finished charging to 80. Dunno why that happened.

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
Happened to me too using that charger once on a very hot summer day. I think the stress causes extra heat/poorer connection and eventually it stops the charging. There are temperature sensors in the socket. A potentially overheating connection will stop charging. Or it may just lose the communication connection at some point and stop the charge.

·
Registered
559 Posts
There was a Kia hybrid at one point as well when I went back out. And the red I pace had been replaced by a grey Mach E! Perhaps there are better places to charge a Tesla in Indianapolis.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
The most I-Paces are in the affluent parts of SoCal.
Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Beverly Hills and it's neighboring cities.
This goes for Taycans too. I saw 5 Taycans in an hour in Newport beach, tons in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills

Newport beach today. IMO the 5069 22s are the most beautiful OEM wheels I've seen

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Sky Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
Does your dog chase these cats?

It almost looks like the dog has the thoughts:
1) Hey I get my picture taken!
2) Another picture?
3) This is getting old.
4) Okay, this is the last one.

Thank you for sharing. I don't see any around here although I know they are out there due to info shared in charging apps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
considering how few I Paces that have been sold having so many near where you live is quite unusual
One of those is mine (besides de dog), and i decided to buy it after trying one of the others, but it's an unusual concentration nevertheless.

Does your dog chase these cats?
:) fortunately no, but he likes to chase real cats that take refuge under the cars.

Obviously not a status symbol in your neighborhood. If I lived there, I'd trade mine in for something a little different - perhaps a Tesla
I believe there are only 2 Teslas around here, but they're a dime a dozen everywhere else.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Finally spotted one and got a picture! I was behind. Don’t think they saw me.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

my six year old said that grey I paces are girls and blue ones are boys. Lol.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts