Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

I-PACE share of Jaguar sales have reached a new high

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  DocHudson 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I believe that the UK sales numbers were inflated by the leasing of a few hundred vehicles to the National Health Service. That would probably be enough to nudge the global numbers a little.
Yeh, price reductions help, lets see how the next 12 months shake out.

#7 ·
I cancelled my Mach E reservation and picked up the I-Pace a couple months ago because the discounts and 0% interest brought the cost down close enough to the Mach E for me to justify spending a bit more to get the Jag. There were several of us on the Mach E forums that jumped ship around the same time. It was actually because of the Mach E forums that I learned about the I-Pace discounts.

#9 · (Edited)
This thread title is technically correctly. However, it is disappointing to note that while the I-Pace's 13.2% share of sales compared to other Jaguars is higher, the number of I-Paces sold actually plunged 46% year-over-year despite all of the steep discounts. Certainly COVID-19 isn't helping any car manufacturers but it's hard to see this as being too rosy. It's such a solid and better looking car compared to Tesla I still don't get why it has struggled so... other than poor marketing and poor dealer familiarity within the USA.

#10 ·
Adding more info to my post just above, it turns out the 46% year-over-year sales drop in I-Paces may have just been an overall trend in electrics during COVID. Quoting from an article in the Austin Statesman:

"In North America, EV purchases plunged 55% in April, while the overall market shrank 46%. EV sales shrank by the same margin in May while total demand improved to a 30% loss."

#11 ·
There was a lot of bad publicity about the range initially when it came out compared to Tesla when in reality its similar to the 90D Tesla X and close to the S with similar battery size. It gave me pause when initially researching the vehicle. Coupled with all the negative comments on the Tesla forums didnt help.

#12 ·
Question: If you are in the market for a doublewide trailer, do you pay attention to mansion owners complaining about trailers not having a basement?
To many folks with no interest in buying an EV weighing in on problems that are not relevant to most EV buyers. Perhaps they are worried that the rest of the world is going to take away their gas guzzling SUV's and trucks if EV's become popular.

#15 ·
Interesting how well Audi is doing - does suggest buyers of BEVs are looking for something a little different than Ipace size which falls a bit in no mans land. Not suite an SUV but bigger than a mid size car. Perhaps the Audi brand / company size has something to do with it. I had a look at the etron but I was looking for something a little smaller. Our other vehicle is large SUV. I also found the Audi back seat smaller than the Ipace for our use - 3 kids - the middle seat was obstructed more by the center console. There are still limited options for smaller AWD BEVs - Tesla, Ipace, Polestar now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.