Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 I-pace HSE that comes with the surround sound radio. It seems that for 800 watts of power I am not getting great sound. Have tried the different sound settings and none of them are great. Is it just my radio or is this typical of the car?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Meridian systems are not known to be bass heavy, but they do provide good precision and clarity by car stereo standards. For rock or rap, try the following settings: Dolby Pro Logic with the red dot positioned to the rear of the car so that the dot is halfway out of the white circle. Bump up base and subwoofer to taste.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
78 Posts
The I-PACE system is lackluster. I had the "same" 825w system in my 2017 XE (which has 17 speakers instead of 15) and that car sounded significantly better.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The Meridian systems are not known to be bass heavy, but they do provide good precision and clarity by car stereo standards. For rock or rap, try the following settings: Dolby Pro Logic with the red dot positioned to the rear of the car so that the dot is halfway out of the white circle. Bump up base and subwoofer to taste.
This is exactly how I have my settings.

I find the bass perfect for my taste. My issue is the separation between the voice and tweeters. The wrong sounds, like the voice, seem to come from the tweeters.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2020 I-pace HSE that comes with the surround sound radio. It seems that for 800 watts of power I am not getting great sound. Have tried the different sound settings and none of them are great. Is it just my radio or is this typical of the car?
typical, unfortunately

·
Registered
2 Posts
So... the system in the car is actually great... it reveals every flaw of a recording. I discovered this by going nuts over the sound system sounding like it had some sort of limiter or compressor built into the amplifier. I am an audio engineer and, as it turns out, discovered that it does not have limiting/compression built in. After playing a ton of studio mixes with certain levels and mastering, the system just reveals over compression and limiting in recordings. That’s why some recordings sound amazing and some sound like crap. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
893 Posts
So... the system in the car is actually great... it reveals every flaw of a recording. I discovered this by going nuts over the sound system sounding like it had some sort of limiter or compressor built into the amplifier. I am an audio engineer and, as it turns out, discovered that it does not have limiting/compression built in. After playing a ton of studio mixes with certain levels and mastering, the system just reveals over compression and limiting in recordings. That’s why some recordings sound amazing and some sound like crap. I hope this helps.
That's Good to know.

As an audio engineer, do you think I'm imaging the lack of separation between the tweeters and the mids?

·
Registered
61 Posts
To echo tchadt, on the Velar forum there is an audiophile who swears by the Meridan system using FLAC or 7Digital files for music. Apparently, it's a garbage-in-garbage-out situation with this system, especially on the Meridian setting whereas the Dolby ProLogic setting can somewhat cover for lossy sat radio or Pandora/Spotify file quality.

Reactions: PS702
1 - 9 of 9 Posts