Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm a biased I-pace owner. Haven't seen the Y in person. Compared to the Tesla, the fit and finish of the Jaguar looked and felt better to me. I wanted a more traditional interior compared to the Teslas and am not a fan of the huge screens or having to control most/all functions through a touchscreen. I liked the exterior styling of the Jag a better. Range wasn't a big issue for me given my car use. If I had to do a lot of long trips the longer range of the Tesla and charging infrastructure might have swayed me. I was also concerned about repair times of Tesla if in an accident. Can't say I have any experience with Jaguar on that front at this point though. I have been happy with my JLR dealership (Budds in Oakville). They recently replaced my spare wheel on a 2010 LR4 for free - I guess they want to keep me happy and coming back. The i-pace is currently getting the H264 software upgrade.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've seen a Model Y or two, here near the Tesla factory. It just looks like a more bulbous Model 3 or a less bulbous Model X. With modern air suspension, I might consider one. The I-Pace will be superior in ways that matter, though, like interior comfort and external design. The Y will have, perhaps, slightly better real world range and, in the performance model, better acceleration. However, once 0-60 gets below 5 seconds, there's little point in being any faster. A C5 Corvette tried to pass me the other day. Did not work, and nobody says Corvettes are slow. Also, I can't drive to work without seeing countless Teslas. They're the fashion accessory du jour.

But the Tesla IS cheaper!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Even wider, longer, and taller? Ugh! no thanks. The ipace is already too wide for my preferences. Shorter wheelbase and bigger dimensions means worse handling. No air suspension. I'd rather have a Mini E.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Even wider, longer, and taller? Ugh! no thanks. The ipace is already too wide for my preferences. Shorter wheelbase and bigger dimensions means worse handling. No air suspension. I'd rather have a Mini E.
I think the only selling point is the bigger rear cargo area, especially for outdoor activity. Lets see if it takes sales away from the X

21 - 28 of 28 Posts