Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have often wondered what is the real power and torque available at the wheels of an I-Pace.

Today I found an I-Pace owner Robert who has just tested his vehicle on a dyno.

The short video is on You Tube, Link below. His other Jag is great too.

His only comment "475 HP 650 pound feet of torque, not bad".

An official invite from this forum might be worthwhile.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
963 Posts
I always wondered what it puts to the wheels. I would like to see the official print out of the numbers because what he posted make no sense

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found another I-Pace test run on a "Dyno Dynamics" AWD chassis dyno at Thorney Motorsport in the UK.

This test shows the graphs of Torque & Power at the wheels, with maximums of 381.9 HP & 960 NM.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: PS702

·
Registered
963 Posts
Good find
Thats very impressive! Im not sure if EVs work the same, but in the ICE world it means the HP claims are underrated and the torque is REALLY underrated. That converts to 708lbf which Jag claims its 512lbf
You lose about 10% to the wheels with ICE

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found another interesting I-Pace video that Thorney Motorsport made in July 2019.

Thorney drives the I-Pace and talks about the future of motorsport tuning in the coming years.

There are some issues with sound in the early part of the video, it gets better with the in car stuff.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: PS702

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wish there were more videos and info about the power and performance of this car. I think its understated

These videos are great

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Dino made more noise than the I-Pace — by far! Those fans looked like they know their end is nigh.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I cannot get the numbers on the given YouTube charts to jive with what I know. At 5252 RPM, torque in ftlbs. always equals horsepower. It is a mathematical constant representing, 550 lbs being lifted 1 foot per second. I observe 375hp and 645ftlbs(875nm) @ 5252 motor rpm(52mph) per the given dyno graphs. These numbers should have matched, they don't!. I am not sure what kind of HP and NM they use on the UK dynos. Assumptions: US HP definition used. Factory rated RPM max.=13000 RPM. YouTube tested max speed 129.2mph.(208 km/hr on German autobahn). 129.2mph=13000rpm on motor. Tire circumference 94.3" . Factory gear ratio of axel speed to motor speed= 9.06. Calculated [email protected]= 52mph. The factory rates the I-Pace peak: torque @ 696nm & horsepower @ 397hp. . The graph says peak: torque @ 960nm & horsepower @ 381.9hp. The Horsepower number sounds a little better than I would expect at the wheels, but the torque is out in left field. Houston, we have a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts