1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Oh yeah it's quite capable. We took it to the desert a year ago and there were some pretty good moments. Got it on two wheels at one point.

·
Registered
2019 iPace HSE Silicon Silver/Oyster
5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 iPace HSE Silicon Silver/Oyster
5 Posts
i use my 2019 HSE w 20" wheels and stock Eagles as my ranch truck. Hauls sacks of soil, rocks, firewood, contractors' tools, etc. Live down about 4 miles of dirt road that's pretty well graded, but a few days ago I was heading up the road in a narrow section when a 10yd dump truck came around the corner heading down. He couldn't stop so I ran SkyCar into the muddy ditch (suspension was in offroad mode) and gunned it. Car never missed a beat, squirted past the ten-wheeler and back onto the road surface. The look on the driver's face was worth the cost of the car!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I turn into the offramp and see a long line of cars. There's a car on fire right in the intersection. Police are there. Fire is just showing up. I stop short of the guard rail and wait a couple minutes. Is the cop going to let us through? Nope. I get out of the car and scout the grass between me and the onramp that loops through. There's a shallow ditch. No problem. I hop back in the car, raise the suspension, turn, and squirt across the grass onto the onramp and back onto the freeway. Two minutes later I'm at the next offramp and on my way. Would not do that in a Model 3, S, or Y. Maybe in a Model X.

·
Registered
2020 Indus Silver
33 Posts
I turn into the offramp and see a long line of cars. There's a car on fire right in the intersection. Police are there. Fire is just showing up. I stop short of the guard rail and wait a couple minutes. Is the cop going to let us through? Nope. I get out of the car and scout the grass between me and the onramp that loops through. There's a shallow ditch. No problem. I hop back in the car, raise the suspension, turn, and squirt across the grass onto the onramp and back onto the freeway. Two minutes later I'm at the next offramp and on my way. Would not do that in a Model 3, S, or Y. Maybe in a Model X.
Off-roading isn't just for rural areas! I had to do something similar on a freeway closed by a fire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts