Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I notice that there are something that looks like speakers above the head on drivers side and passengers side...
Any idea what that is?

It is new on the 2021.... as my 2020 does not have those...

·
Registered
53 Posts
We test drove the new Land Rover Defender, and loved it so much we bought one 1.5 weeks ago.
Jinx! We too are an I Pace/Defender family! Got ours two weeks ago, but I find the PiroPro much more responsive. I don’t find kitty’s infotainment system excessively slow, only mildly so.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don’t like the idea of replacing the rear view mirror with a monitor.
I too was afflicted with an addiction, but after three new cars within 18-months, I’m (temporarily?) on the wagon. (See what I did there?)

When I first used the rearview camera instead of the mirror on our Chevy Bolt, I hated it because it causes your eyes to refocus when a mirror doesn’t. But when I compared the view between the mirror and the camera in my Defender, which has poor visibility in part due to the spare tire, I’ve forced myself to use the camera exclusively. I have gotten used to it and don’t necessarily need to refocus when glancing at it to get a lay of the land.

The view from the camera is vastly superior to the mirror, even compared to my (recently departed) convertible with the top down! Although the camera in the Defender is mounted in the shark fin, so smaller cars can disappear if they pull up too close to your bumper at a traffic light.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Jinx! We too are an I Pace/Defender family! Got ours two weeks ago, but I find the PiroPro much more responsive. I don’t find kitty’s infotainment system excessively slow, only mildly so.
CONGRATS! We find ourselves wanting to drive the Defender more than the EVs right now. New Defender is SO comfortable, cool and commanding!

·
Registered
53 Posts
CONGRATS! We find ourselves wanting to drive the Defender more than the EVs right now. New Defender is SO comfortable, cool and commanding!
Honestly, I think my wife encouraged me to get the Defender so I’d stop driving her I Pace!

I ain’t complaining.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here is something new that would be nice to have.

A plug release instead of unlocking the car

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Here is something new that would be nice to have.

A plug release instead of unlocking the car

View attachment 4933
Porsche Taycan has a button release, no key fob needed. Even better the way BMW does it....as long as the car is unlocked, say in your garage, you just pull the charger out (no release button & no key needed).

I cannot tell you how many annoyed times I have gone in our garage to take the I-Pace off the charger, only to realize I did not have the da*n key fob with me & I have to walk back to the house to get the key. If my car is unlocked in my own garage, I should not have to have the key fob with me.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Porsche Taycan has a button release, no key fob needed. Even better the way BMW does it....as long as the car is unlocked, say in your garage, you just pull the charger out (no release button & no key needed).

I cannot tell you how many annoyed times I have gone in our garage to take the I-Pace off the charger, only to realize I did not have the da*n key fob with me & I have to walk back to the house to get the key. If my car is unlocked in my own garage, I should not have to have the key fob with me.
I have the same problem when the car is unlocked. For the life of me, I cant figure out the benefit of that feature

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would love to have paid option to upgrade the 2013's Intel Atom processor we have in the car to 2020's one. No change on motherboard, no change on wiring, no change on signal, just a boost on processor. I guess this would not be "too" complex.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have the same problem when the car is unlocked. For the life of me, I cant figure out the benefit of that feature
There is no reason for it when it’s parked in our garages. But I think the rationale for the overall approach is that on occasion, selfish individuals at public charging stations would remove chargers from a car and place the charger in theirs. Obviously this could only occur with cars that had no interlocks.

I imagine some kind of geotagging would be needed for that interlock to be ineffective while parked in the owner’s garage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dernotte,
Replacing the CPU does not seem a likely option, no. It seems that the I-Pace uses an Intel Atom processor (Bay Trail I ) E3845. Soldered to the mainboard, so no socket.

That is already the fastest of the E38xx series. Even if you'd feel (stupidly?) brave and get creative with a soldering iron, the fastest CPU that could fit on the same FCBGA1170 socket is a Pentium J2900, delivering a 10-20% boost in speed.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts