Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Review of the MY2021 I-Pace, you can see the new infotainment UI, which doesn't look as impressive from the video.

You can also the different leather stitching on the steering wheel which I don't see the benefit. I like the look of the old steering wheel better

20201101_230238.jpg

I do like the new black pack rear option

Reactions: OleHarald

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new wheel design allows for a two-time wheel a la the Volvo XC90 with blond interioe.
That's what I thought, until I speced out a red and white interior, but it didn't change the color of the steering wheel
Could be the steering wheel used for other JLR models that allow the 2 tone

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
523 Posts
Yes, saw this on the UK forum site over the weekend. Seems the discussion there is not what the new Pivi Pro system does, but rather what it does NOT. The lower screen (now an option on lower models) appears to not display the phone/media info as we are used to. While the 3D image of the car constructed from the various cameras looked cool, it seemed the number of cameras was reduced.
Another thread is discussing the apparent lack of steering assist for the new MY.

Aesthetically, the new infotainment system looks very different - much like the newer InControl app - but functionally looks to do much of the same. The same goes for the exterior badging options.
My summary - I wouldn't trade in my 2019 for a 2021.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
The only real benefit is the clear view (digital camera). We test drove the new Land Rover Defender, and loved it so much we bought one 1.5 weeks ago. We have had a G-Class since 2003 (we were on #9 I believe), and the Defender was the first car that could make us leave the G-Wagen. Pivi Pro is amazing too; very fast, crisp and responsive....but in all honesty with my '19 I-Pace and now the '20, I have never really found the infotainment screen to be slow.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only real benefit is the clear view (digital camera). We test drove the new Land Rover Defender, and loved it so much we bought one 1.5 weeks ago. We have had a G-Class since 2003 (we were on #9 I believe), and the Defender was the first car that could make us leave the G-Wagen. Pivi Pro is amazing too; very fast, crisp and responsive....but in all honesty with my '19 I-Pace and now the '20, I have never really found the infotainment screen to be slow.
That Defender is gorgeous on the interior and exterior. Congratulations
Please post pics if you can.

Maybe I'm just used to our UI, but I like how ours looks better

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
That Defender is gorgeous on the interior and exterior. Congratulations
Please post pics if you can.

Maybe I'm just used to our UI, but I like how ours looks better
Thank you. I just snapped a few (bad) pics in the garage. It looks small in pics, but it is HUGE. It is wider than a full body Range Rover and a wee higher and about the same length. The interior build quality is over the top incredible. My 19 and 20 I-Pace...Indus Silver. New Defender...Indus Silver :) It's our go to colour.

I too like the 19 and 20 UI in the I-Pace better. It looks cleaner, more elegant and high end!

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
65 Posts
Is there a car buying addiction we should talk about? This is a safe space, we are here for you

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats Deutsch, enjoy! :)

As far as the 2021 I-Pace, the only thing I really like and wish I had, is the clear view digital camera. That's really nice and honestly translates, IMO, to an additional safety feature.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Every time the I-Pace fan turns on, @Deutsch100 is off to the dealer looking for a new vehicle :)

Congratulations on your new Defender.
LOL. Right? Omg...the fans drive me insane.

Our neighbor 2 doors down stopped to chat while I was walking and he was in his I-Pace. I told him how impressed and jealous that his I-Pace is so quiet and my fans scream all the time. He kind of laughed and said that he turns his A/C off until he gets out of the neighborhood, because the fans are so LOUD!!!!

I am still so shocked not more people are having this problem!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don’t like the idea of replacing the rear view mirror with a monitor. The I-pace has enough coverage with the mirrors mine has. If I could change one thing on the infotainment it would be a more sensitive touch screen. Half of my presses are too soft to be detected.

Fan story: I was waiting for food outside a restaurant a few days ago. I heard a really loud fan and started looking for a silver I-pace. Then I realized it was the drying fans at the car wash a couple buildings over.

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
69 Posts
LOL. Right? Omg...the fans drive me insane.

Our neighbor 2 doors down stopped to chat while I was walking and he was in his I-Pace. I told him how impressed and jealous that his I-Pace is so quiet and my fans scream all the time. He kind of laughed and said that he turns his A/C off until he gets out of the neighborhood, because the fans are so LOUD!!!!

I am still so shocked not more people are having this problem!!
come to the north east! AC a thing of the past! We are windows open or heater only!
@Deutsch100 great buy on the Defender! My brother in law (who we convinced to buy an iPace) is getting rid of his ‘11 G55 and upgrading to the ‘21 G550 but after driving each i do not see the reason for the premium. Nowadays I see just as many Gs as RR, but rarely Defender. My wife and I may be vested in the RR/Jag family especially with electric Defender coming up. Taycan SportTurismo is “meh” as a looker but wow performance. I cannot understate utility though of the iPace.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ok I really don’t like the new UI, and I have to say I still see a lag when screen interaction happens. If this is a new hardware why are they still under powering it? Or is it just bad UI with a lag?

I hate lag....

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I really don’t like the new UI, and I have to say I still see a lag when screen interaction happens. If this is a new hardware why are they still under powering it? Or is it just bad UI with a lag?

I hate lag....
I noticed the lag too. I thought the whole idea for the change is to not have any lag

1 - 20 of 31 Posts