Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members - I would like to first thank the users of this forum for their contribution on this forum. I've been looking over the forum for some time now.

I'm looking at a used 2019 HSC I Pace with only 2.000 miles and was wondering if there is a page where I can enter my Vin to find out if any updates or revisions were applied to this car.

Thanks In Advance

Mike

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hello Members - I would like to first thank the users of this forum for their contribution on this forum. I've been looking over the forum for some time now.

I'm looking at a used 2019 HSC I Pace with only 2.000 miles and was wondering if there is a page where I can enter my Vin to find out if any updates or revisions were applied to this car.

Thanks In Advance

Mike
Welcome, Mike!

A Jaguar dealer service department should be able to give you a print out of all maintenance that's been done to the car including software updates. You can also register for a free TopiX account (register as an independent operator) that will list all outstanding maintenance items for the I-Pace. You will need the VIN for TopiX but it won't tell you what maintenance has already been done. Since you're still looking to buy and may not want to go through the process of registering for yet another account, please feel free to PM me the VIN and I will look it up and report back via PM.

Either way, best of luck finding the right car!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curt,

Thanks for the reply - I just found Topix and did a report on the car it appears as if nothing has been done as of yet. My only immediate concern is the hood latch any thoughts on what that may be as it could be dangerous.

Thanks Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Curt,

Thanks for the reply - I just found Topix and did a report on the car it appears as if nothing has been done as of yet. My only immediate concern is the hood latch any thoughts on what that may be as it could be dangerous.

Thanks Mike
I'm pretty certain the hood latch recall is not safety related but was causing some sensor issues but I don't recall exactly. It's a quick fix. I just had mine replaced last week along with the H264 software update and both took less than 4 hours. If you're purchasing from a Jaguar dealer, the repair must be finished before they release the car.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Is there a benefit in getting a used one instead of a new one?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just looked at the thumbnail you provided and there's a lot the dealer must do prior to sale. The regenerative braking system and charge port label are recalls. Plus, ensure H264 software update is done so you don't have to go back to the dealer for service after purchase. If you're buying from a Jaguar dealer I'm surprised the recalls and updates have not been done. Don't buy until these maintenance items are completed.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts

Thanks In Advance

Mike
I have so many questions...

1. Is it at a Jaguar dealer?
2. What is the story as to why it is being sold with only 2k miles?
3. If it is a Jaguar dealer, why isn’t it CPO?
4. Did you look at new nationally? You can still likely find a new one with $20k or more off MSRP.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the reply's guys - the main reason I bought it used is its $24,640 off MSRP. The car is flawless.

No its not at a Jaguar dealer.

While I plan to take to to a Jag dealer to have it upgraded, is there any safety issues to worry about until I do before I install the H264 update? From reading your great forum ( thanks again) It appears as if there were thousands of cars using the old firmware for over a year.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks for all the reply's guys - the main reason I bought it used is its $24,640 off MSRP. The car is flawless.

While I plan to take to to a Jag dealer to have it upgraded, is there any safety issues to worry about until I do before I install the H264 update? From reading your great forum ( thanks again) It appears as if there were thousands of cars using the old firmware for over a year.

Thanks Mike
You can get close get $23k off of a new car with a newer build date, full warranty
I love the I-Pace but it's a car you need to be careful with

·
Registered
692 Posts

Thanks Mike
There are no safety concerns. The only issue was regenerative braking which could impact overall braking response but the recall fixed that.

Infotainment updates have been released every few months and after the H264 update most module software updates will be available via SOTA. It did take over a year for H264 but it's due to JLR learning how charging and regenerative braking affected the traction battery.
The car was released with conservative software to protect the battery and after a few million miles of driving data they strengthened the regenerative system and made more battery available to the driver. This process takes time.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts

Thanks Mike
It looks like you may have already bought. So it doesn’t matter too much, but $24k off MSRP is not a super great deal for you...not horrible, just not great; as some are reporting getting new for that price or better.

You have no real concerns as far as safety issues. The upgrades just make things ‘better’. From most reports, the H264 is the only one that makes a significant difference.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I recommend you take the car for an extended test drive to ensure that you can tolerate the little things endemic to the I-Pace. Consider scheduling an inspection at the nearest Jaguar dealer. Find out everything you can about it's service history. Despite the discounted price it's still a lot of money to end up unhappy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can get close get $23k off of a new car with a newer build date, full warranty
I love the I-Pace but it's a car you need to be careful with
Thanks for the reply - surely there’s no dealers knocking 23k off 20s that I found. Most will only discount 2020s 10-12k.

Keep in mind I saved almost 30k and the car is brand new. Once I get the update it will be exactly like a 2020.

For the most part once you gets the updates there’s really nothing that wears out on EVs there’s lots out there with over 200.000 miles running perfect.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Thanks for the reply - surely there’s no dealers knocking 23k off 20s that I found. Most will only discount 2020s 10-12k.

Keep in mind I saved almost 30k and the car is brand new. Once I get the update it will be exactly like a 2020.

For the most part once you gets the updates there’s really nothing that wears out on EVs there’s lots out there with over 200.000 miles running perfect.
In an earlier post you said you saved $24k, not $30k. There are still a lot of ‘19s on dealer lots and many people reporting >$20k off MSRP plus the $7500 tax credit and the new car warranty. Regardless, as long as you’re happy, that is all that matters. But you didn’t get a bargain

·
Registered
118 Posts
... many people reporting >$20k off MSRP plus the $7500 tax credit...
I would be willing to be that > 80% of those people are in California. From what I've seen and heard (from dealers in three states in the northeast) those huge discounts are the result of JLR force-feeding I-paces to California dealers, and various franchise rules and state laws that make it hard to ship those cars elsewhere. If you're not in California, don't feel too badly about not getting such an enormous discount.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
... many people reporting >$20k off MSRP plus the $7500 tax credit...
I would be willing to be that > 80% of those people are in California. From what I've seen and heard (from dealers in three states in the northeast) those huge discounts are the result of JLR force-feeding I-paces to California dealers, and various franchise rules and state laws that make it hard to ship those cars elsewhere. If you're not in California, don't feel too badly about not getting such an enormous discount.
No doubt that’s a fact. But if a dealer has a ‘19 sitting around, I bet you could come close to the same in other parts of the country.

Here’s a CPO FE for $34k off MSRP in Minnesota:

https://www.jaguarminneapolis.com/certified/Jaguar/2019-Jaguar-I-PACE-ff9e29c90a0e0adf67f2c7b1093c4d7f.htm

The listing says the MSRP was $77k; but the window sticker/build sheet show that is an error. It was $88k, driven off the lot in Des Moines Iowa on 10 Nov 18.

But honestly, I’ve always said a car is worth what you think it’s worth and if you are happy paying $80k, it shouldn’t make a difference that someone else paid $70k and another paid $90k. Be happy with what you got.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts