Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

I-Pace HSE Infotainment system bugs w Android

6K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  sciencegeek 
#1 · (Edited)
Android Auto and this car's Infotainment system were not a marriage ordained by heaven.

I cannot get Android Auto to do 1080P on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running Android Pie.

Car keeps flipping back to Radio when you select music from phone.

Charging system also pretends to do set timing charging but then 20 minutes later it's charging and ignoring the timed charging settings.

At first I thought it was my phone but I have now tried 11 different Android phones. The same issue on all of them.

Then I thought it was the USB Cable and bought over $400 of them and its not that.

Then I found something is continually resetting the infotainment OS which is some Linux variant of Free Linux.

I also have the version 1 Chevrolet Bolt, Everything in the Bolt is perfect and has been from day one, mainly because Chevrolet were smart enough to let LG do the stuff that LG knows about without GM interference.

The Bolt is the best Version 1 experience I have ever had with anything. Only issue with it is the seats are crap.

The Jag has the reverse problem, Seats are awesome, everything else around the infotainment system is utter rubbish.

That remote software that runs on the Android is the problem, boy is it bad. its rated at 2.5 stars but in truth its minus 2.5.

Nobody at Jag dealerships anywhere on Terra knows anything about the systems and this software stuff.

Screen resolution in Android Auto wont let you set 1080P.

The Bolt does do this 1080P trick on the same phone so it has to be the Jag software - that Jaguar Innapps package.

Whoever wrote that junk needs to be shot, frankly.

Worst software attempt I have ever witnessed for anything ever and this is my game and I have seen a lot of Junk software in my time.

In fact the christian Bible has the most apt description for this crapware, read John 11:35.

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes, fedorachef was right - 1080p limitation was from Google, not from Jag. Android Auto app checks which vehicle model, infotainment and touchscreen type it is connecting to, and chooses different outputs modes. Now full-HD is finally supported.

Anyway, Jag started recently to push to the first I-Pace owners Touch Pro software update over-the-air (SOTA). If you can't wait for to get it, you can ask you dealer, and they can trigger SOTA update from their system to you vehicle.

#6 ·
Anyway, Jag started recently to push to the first I-Pace owners Touch Pro software update over-the-air (SOTA). If you can't wait for to get it, you can ask you dealer, and they can trigger SOTA update from their system to you vehicle.
Do you have a proof source indicating this is true in the US? I spoke to two different dealers yesterday and they both said JLR has offered no information on SOTA other than it is planned for a future enhancement

#12 ·
So bit of explanation for all of you.

First your vehicle would need to be added by JLR (either by global team, or by dealer) to the pool of vehicles eligible to get SOTA updates. Dealer is doing it via TOPIX web-page, after entering you VIN, clicking on SOTA toggle button:

Second you need to:
- make sure you have internet connectivity in your vehicle (SIM card inserted with available data package, Mobile connectivity enabled)
- Software updates enabled in your vehicle (Settings->All settings>Software update > turned on / Enabled

Third - dealer can check in TOPIX if there is any available new software for your vehicle and if there is, sent it to your vehicle by pressing 'Update'

Fourth - you can Check for Update on your software update page in your vehicle - the popup should appear saying, that new software is availavble for installation. You choose to install.

Download and installation of Touch Pro happens in the background and can be over multiple drives. It pauses once you lock vehicle, and resumes at the next start of the vehicle. It is not happening once vehicle is locked, as it could flatten your battery.

Once installation is finished in one drive, at the subsequent drive new software 'activates'. You can see it as a status in software update page saying 'software installation will continue after vehicle shutdown'. In fact you need to shut down and lock vehicle for 5 minutes, to trigger full re-boot of the Touch Pro.

At the next un-lock, software activation starts. As part of the activation, Live app is downloaded and re-installed. You can spot it, as instead of side panel (the one with Weather, News, mini media player, etc), you have got Jaguar logo. Live app download and install time depends on your mobile network connectivity. Download and installation of Live you can see if you will enter into Live (from Extra features page, on the right from the HOME page). Once Live is installed, you will get banner shown "Live apps updated'

In the meantime you can see also the banner, that New Software was installed successfully. From that moment, new software version is visible in the Software Update page.

#14 ·
AA 1080 Not working on Galaxy Note 9

I have several android phones and all except the Galaxy Note 9 (which are all running Android Pie) let you have access to the HD graphics from developer mode.

Samsung tell me it will be addressed in a later update, Q2 or Q3. They failed to mention which year....:nerd:

#15 ·
I stand corrected. Debug mode is in the app itself. Had to go into Android Auto, hit the triple hamburger lines, hit about and then hit the android auto text 10 times and say yes to enable debug mode. Then go to three dots on the top right of the screen, go into debug menu and put tick box next to 1080P.

Going to check it right now...

Had been trying to access this in the android phone settings.

#16 ·
OK, it works better, but still not using the whole screen like the jaguar app and Mireo app manages to do.

Also not using the Jaguar Navigation app because the other day it took me in three complete circles of San Francisco, kept changing its mind about a better route and really amused me for some 2 hours.

That was a ministry of silly directions epic.

Mr Cleese would have been proud.

#17 ·
OK, it works better, but still not using the whole screen like the jaguar app and Mireo app manages to do.
Yeah even on 1080 you have a pair of empty verticals on the sides. It's pretty good though I think!

Also not using the Jaguar Navigation app because the other day it took me in three complete circles of San Francisco, kept changing its mind about a better route and really amused me for some 2 hours.
I do not touch the native Nav. Google is so so so much better, and finding chargers is best done with the small handful of apps and web sites that give definitive information. As a general rule, I try to use as little as possible of the JLR-supplied functionality. No phone directory, no NAV, no apps. -> Happy camper.

That was a ministry of silly directions epic.

Mr Cleese would have been proud.
"Albatross! Aaaaalbatrosssss!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.