Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got caught in a very heavy rain storm playing golf yesterday. Temp outside was 78. Being soaked I was cold and turned the temp up to 78. Still got cold air. Finally turned it all the way up and finally got some hot air.

Curious how the car generates heat without engine. Does it have some sort of heat pump and will the temp get warmer if the air outside was colder.

Would like to know in case I take the car up North on a 1300 mile trip, Florida to NY in November. As of now does not seem likely due to limited range and lack of charging
stations.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
The I-Pace has a standard Heat Pump (whereas a Heat Pump is a paid option in the i3). If you are not getting much heat, I would make an appt. with your dealer.

Last year, my 2019 HSE would not produce any heat. The dealer had to replace the entire "membrane" behind the climate controls as it just "went out". We were both shocked they had it in stock, or it would have taken a long time to get from England.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
445 Posts
Got caught in a very heavy rain storm playing golf yesterday. Temp outside was 78. Being soaked I was cold and turned the temp up to 78. Still got cold air. Finally turned it all the way up and finally got some hot air.

Curious how the car generates heat without engine. Does it have some sort of heat pump and will the temp get warmer if the air outside was colder.

Would like to know in case I take the car up North on a 1300 mile trip, Florida to NY in November. As of now does not seem likely due to limited range and lack of charging
stations.
Works fine here in PA and further north. Heat is very quick to appear when needed - no waiting for the ICE to warm up. We had a few 0 F days last winter and the car was a pleasure to drive.
You should try a road trip in the heart of winter - and try out the traction features on ice/snow at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts