Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Most of the time the fans are used only to pull air across the condenser for the A/C. It is rare that mine will come on if I have the climate control turned off. On a hot day With the A/C they really roar. To test this, turn your car on then turn off the climate control. You should hear nothing. There have been some occasions when I am really running the car hard that the fans will spin up or when I plug in immediately after driving. They need to cool the battery down a bit before adding juice even on L2.

I think what the OP was saying is that it is unfortunate that an otherwise silent car should make so much noise that it could mask the sound of a running diesel. I tend to agree and wish they Engineered it a bit better so that at low speed they would throttle down a bit and not be so intrusive. My i3 was like that—as you approached a streetlight they would rev down, but when you took off again they would really ramp up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I get the issue with the fan, but man the AC system in these things work. I have a 740i and with it on MAX AC it will barely get the car cool by the time I get home. With this car and it's loud fans, I can have the car down to 72 in 10 minutes before I pull out of the parking lot. Give me loud fans and a cool car every time. :)

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I get the issue with the fan, but man the AC system in these things work. I have a 740i and with it on MAX AC it will barely get the car cool by the time I get home. With this car and it's loud fans, I can have the car down to 72 in 10 minutes before I pull out of the parking lot. Give me loud fans and a cool car every time. :)
Jaguar and Land Rover have had THE BEST A/C since Ford owned them. If you have ever been in a Ford or Lincoln in high heat...you will notice how amazing the A/C is. They must have put them into Land Rover & Jaguar.

I have read many reviews over the years, where they say JLR A/C could cool an apartment down in 10 mins ;)

Most BMWs have dismal A/C. I do not understand how a company with amazing engines, brakes, handling and performance cannot make proper A/C!!!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
My i3 was like that—as you approached a streetlight they would rev down, but when you took off again they would really ramp up.
My 2019 i3S was like this. The fans were amazing, and I barely heard them, and always silent when pulling in the garage and if parked and running remote A/C....so quiet!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Jaguar and Land Rover have had THE BEST A/C since Ford owned them. If you have ever been in a Ford or Lincoln in high heat...you will notice how amazing the A/C is. They must have put them into Land Rover & Jaguar.

I have read many reviews over the years, where they say JLR A/C could cool an apartment down in 10 mins ;)

Most BMWs have dismal A/C. I do not understand how a company with amazing engines, brakes, handling and performance cannot make proper A/C!!!
Pretty simple, the heat load in Germany is nothing like southern Alabama. It is never as hot there as it is here every day from June to October. Triumph had major issues with cooling their cars when they came over here. They were used to British "summers" and their cars overheated all the time. But you are correct, the A/C in these things is awesome.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts