Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
But to me the amazing thing is they’re very hard to hear inside the car. That’s why I was so amazed to hear how loud they were the first time I stepped outside the car. That’s a tribute to some really good sound insulation engineering.

Hey, it may be designed to keep marriages honest since it’s impossible to sneak out in the middle of the night without half the neighborhood knowing you’re leaving.

Seriously though, you could turn off the HVAC until you’ve left your immediate development or neighborhood. I confess to having done that once or twice to make people aware this is an electric car. 😔

Beautiful car Deutsch! Is the fit of the Porsche as tight as it looks?
The fit of the Porsche is beyond tight. It is otherwordly being honest :)

Even turning off HVAC does not turn the battery cooling fans off. I can have Climate off and when I start the I-Pace in the garage or come home (or worse...stop to talk to a neighbor while driving)....the fans are deafening. You are right, they are not that loud at all while in the car, with the windows up. But, if you roll a window down....it is to me, the worst thing about the I-Pace. After hearing the fans running on the Taycan after a long drive in 100F weather....they are whisper quiet. I am not joking....the I-Pace battery fans are louder than our V8 G63 running :(

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
669 Posts
JLR filed docs with NHTSA for excessive fan noise and fan degradation for Jaguar models with Ingenium 2.0 L 4 cylinder engines. It is interesting that one doc listed the I-PACE as an affected model, but the actual campaign doc does not (for obvious reason if it only involves the 4 cylinder engines). The solution is a reprogramming of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

·
Registered
2019 First Edition/HSE, Santorini Black
14 Posts
LOL! How many easter eggs in the photo? It's one of those games where you find the hidden junk. Can you find the bicycle? I spy with my little eye a dustpan!

I've been cleaning and reorganizing my garage to make room for things from the office I'm closing down. Ours is a 4-car. 2 doors and 2.5 cars deep, but with construction going on at home, we only have one car in the garage. I look at what you have in your garage and think, "****, I have too much crap too!" I think tomorrow I'll move another car in. I'll feel better.
Are we all doing the same thing? Construction at home, garage a mess, workout-set sitting in front of garage due to recent epoxy...

·
Registered
14 Posts
The fit of the Porsche is beyond tight. It is otherwordly being honest :)

Even turning off HVAC does not turn the battery cooling fans off. I can have Climate off and when I start the I-Pace in the garage or come home (or worse...stop to talk to a neighbor while driving)....the fans are deafening. You are right, they are not that loud at all while in the car, with the windows up. But, if you roll a window down....it is to me, the worst thing about the I-Pace. After hearing the fans running on the Taycan after a long drive in 100F weather....they are whisper quiet. I am not joking....the I-Pace battery fans are louder than our V8 G63 running :(
Were you able to get a good deal on it? I got smoked by one the other day 😂 . I live in Waco, TX and it was the only I-Pace and the only Taycan in a race that lasted two seconds

·
Registered
836 Posts
Were you able to get a good deal on it? I got smoked by one the other day 😂 . I live in Waco, TX and it was the only I-Pace and the only Taycan in a race that lasted two seconds
Even the 4S will smoke the I-Pace. What kind of Tayan was it?

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even the 4S will smoke the I-Pace. What kind of Tayan was it?
Had to have been the 4S, I consider it smoked because he pullled away some fairly quickly and I let off the throttle. It is possible it was a Panamera or another Porsche with similar body style, I don't know the cars that well. I pulled up to him quickly from the side, no one ever pulls up to me unless they see me take off at a light, in that case any Dodge Charger within a 5 mile radius magically appears and pulls up for a little race

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
There are no deals on any Taycans (4S, Turbo or TurboS). But, we got sticker price, so that is kind of a "win", and for July... lease and finance rates are pretty decent (well decent for Porsche).

Yes, the Taycan (even the "base" 4S) will smoke the I-Pace in a nano second :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Panamera is much larger than the I-Pace and slower unless it was a Turbo.
I bet that's what it was. I've seen him twice and after looking at pics online it looks more like the Panamera. The Taycan is too sexy and doesn't seem like it'd look that big

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I bet that's what it was. I've seen him twice and after looking at pics online it looks more like the Panamera. The Taycan is too sexy and doesn't seem like it'd look that big
Taycan is MUCH bigger and longer in person, than in pics. It barely fits in our garage :-O

·
Registered
14 Posts
Taycan is MUCH bigger and longer in person, than in pics. It barely fits in our garage :-O
Okay then... maybe it was! I thought no way this big Porsche can take me. I didn't know the name but thought it was a big body one that would be slowish. I pulled up to him popped the throttle so he knew and then he bolted :cry:

·
Registered
124 Posts
That would be interesting to understand why the fan is making such a noise. I guess the only rotation of the fan is quite silent like any fan in the house. It must be air flow around the fan. I am wondering if the actives vanes are open or close in this case, because if there are close, the air going through would make a lot of noise.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That would be interesting to understand why the fan is making such a noise. I guess the only rotation of the fan is quite silent like any fan in the house. It must be air flow around the fan. I am wondering if the actives vanes are open or close in this case, because if there are close, the air going through would make a lot of noise.

I would love to know this too. I have had a plug in EV BMW i3s, 740e and an X5 40e and the fans (like in the Taycan) were so quiet. It makes no sense for a premium British brand to make such rubbish!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ha ha ha How many Easter eggs!! LOL I spy with my little eyes! Our garage drives me nuts. If it was up to me, I would have nothing but cars and car cleaning products. My spouse buys & buys and puts everything in the garage.
Since we are talking about the stuff in the garage...just curious...what's that pay phone for?

·
Registered
2020 HSE Fujy
8 Posts
This is tight. I’d drop one of those rubber curbs on the floor.
I have two after backing into my garage wall once... Wife said it felt like earthquake. This introduced unapproved opening in the wall and later I had to board it and drilled all the way through the wall while pre-drilling for biggest screws I could find in Homedepot. Almost went into furniture - if only the drill bit would be a little longer... This is how I introduced another unapproved opening in the wall. So I wisened up and got two of those curbs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here is a pic of the actives vanes, with A/C on , car on the driveway. They are opened. Surprisingly, when I closed the car, I was expecting the vanes to close as well. They stayed opened...

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Since we are talking about the stuff in the garage...just curious...what's that pay phone for?
When New York City decided to get rid of all public pay phones we bought one (after having it cleaned and refurbished). It is just now hooked up to our landline, no dimes required :) It still has its original NYC area code and phone number on it. We love it :)

21 - 40 of 57 Posts