Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just added another EV to our stable :) We picked up a new Porsche Taycan Turbo. We drove home from Downtown L.A. to Calabasas, which took about 45 mins and the outside temp is 98-100F.

When we pulled in the garage, the Porsche fans are whisper quiet. OMG...the I-Pace fans are obscene. No one would know the I-Pace is an EV. You can barely hear the Taycan, but you cannot talk over the I-Pace fans when running. What was JLR thinking?

The I-Pace fans seem to run all the time now. Even in the a.m., after not driving for 24+ hours, the fans come on right away, they are on always whilst driving and EVERY time we pull in the garage..running full speed and beyond loud. It feels like not having an EV, especially now comparing it to our new Taycan!

·
Registered
17 Posts
We just added another EV to our stable :) We picked up a new Porsche Taycan Turbo.

When we pulled in the garage, the Porsche fans are whisper quiet. You can barely hear the Taycan, but you cannot talk over the I-Pace fans when running. What was JLR thinking?
Glad you like the Taycan. Not surprised it has a leg up on the I-PACE as it costs twice as much.

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
That's cool! If I had the cash I would consider one. Yeah I'm not surprised that it's a little more refined in some ways; would be interested to know where you see differences in other aspects, both good/bad on either vehicle. Different cars for sure ...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Congratulations! Please post pics of it

I love that Taycan and want it.
Is it worth the 2x price over the I-Pace?

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations! Please post pics of it

I love that Taycan and want it.
Is it worth the 2x price over the I-Pace?
I will take some pics in the next day or so. It is Carrera White Metallic with 2 tone leather (light white/gray and black).

Actual materials and build quality on the I-Pace is pretty darn close to the Taycan. The overall layout and look of the Taycan is slightly "ahead" of the Jag. The app for the Taycan is more on the level with Tesla, meaning it works. I have been on and off very disappointed with In Control app for 6 months.

Porsche dealers are light years ahead of JLR, and I actually love my JLR dealer. But....you can just tell that Porsche has so much more money, resources and training compared to JLR.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I saw a Taycan for the first time today. It was a bluish silver. Not the right color for that car. I think white looks a lot better. Congrats on the new ride. I only notice the I-Pace fans when I plug in in the garage, but then I walk away so they never bothered me. Cool batteries last longer, so I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Getting it's first charge, now that she is home :)
View attachment 4315
Agree with all of this.

The Porsche dealers are completely different than JLR. Probably because they make money.
Porsche actually wants to sell the Taycan, encourage people to drive it. JLR dealers see the I-Pace as a nuance

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree with all of this.

The Porsche dealers are completely different than JLR. Probably because they make money.
Porsche actually wants to sell the Taycan, encourage people to drive it. JLR dealers see the I-Pace as a nuance
1000% What is mind boggling to me, is that the I-Pace has won something like 60+ Awards, Domestic and International....and JLR just completely ignores it. Most car makers would give their right eye teeth to have a model with so many accolades, and JLR just could not care less.

Last week two more people asked me what mpg I get and if my Jag is a 4 or 6 cyl. OMG! The I-Pace has been out for what, 2 years?! And the majority of the American public has no idea it even exists.

Porsche sales, service and parts is like another world compared to JLR (and again I have an amazing Jag dealer and the service dept. is top notch).

I really, really hope my gut is wrong...but I think TaTa is going to try and dump Jaguar. Maybe the Chinese will buy them, but I do not think it is unrealistic to say Jaguar might go under. They have been bleeding money for years and years, and Covid-19 might be the end :( I have no idea how this would play out for warranties, parts, service....

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Ford Focus Electric was also had a very noisy fan in the summertime while charging. (My neighbor thought a switch in the car( FFE) had hung up on the main traction motor and ran over to get me because he though it was getting ready to blow!) But it wasn't quite as noisy as the I-Pace. I don't remember the FFE AC making that much noise at all, at a stoplight, as the I-Pace does on a hot day with the AC running. I see a coin telephone in the Garage!!!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Ford Focus Electric was also had a very noisy fan in the summertime while charging. (My neighbor thought a switch in the car( FFE) had hung up on the main traction motor and ran over to get me because he though it was getting ready to blow!) But it wasn't quite as noisy as the I-Pace. I don't remember the FFE AC making that much noise at all, at a stoplight, as the I-Pace does on a hot day with the AC running. I see a coin telephone in the Garage!!!
Good eye. When NYC got rid of their payphones, we bought one (cleaned and refurbished). It still has the NYC area code and phone number on it. Everyone loves it. And, the I-Pace fans are absurd. I wish mine just ran when charging or driving on a hot day. My fans run first thing in the a.m. and for every drive and when pulling in the garage. I don't remember the last time I "heard" quiet whilst in my I-Pace. The fans running are louder than our G63 :-O

·
Registered
61 Posts
Beautiful car only 45 minutes old. Is that a soda bottle on the sunroof?

Looking forward to some sunset photos sans the bottle.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
979 Posts
LOL! How many easter eggs in the photo? It's one of those games where you find the hidden junk. Can you find the bicycle? I spy with my little eye a dustpan!

I've been cleaning and reorganizing my garage to make room for things from the office I'm closing down. Ours is a 4-car. 2 doors and 2.5 cars deep, but with construction going on at home, we only have one car in the garage. I look at what you have in your garage and think, "****, I have too much crap too!" I think tomorrow I'll move another car in. I'll feel better.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Good eye. When NYC got rid of their payphones, we bought one (cleaned and refurbished). It still has the NYC area code and phone number on it. Everyone loves it. And, the I-Pace fans are absurd. I wish mine just ran when charging or driving on a hot day. My fans run first thing in the a.m. and for every drive and when pulling in the garage. I don't remember the last time I "heard" quiet whilst in my I-Pace. The fans running are louder than our G63 :-O
But to me the amazing thing is they’re very hard to hear inside the car. That’s why I was so amazed to hear how loud they were the first time I stepped outside the car. That’s a tribute to some really good sound insulation engineering.

Hey, it may be designed to keep marriages honest since it’s impossible to sneak out in the middle of the night without half the neighborhood knowing you’re leaving.

Seriously though, you could turn off the HVAC until you’ve left your immediate development or neighborhood. I confess to having done that once or twice to make people aware this is an electric car. 😔

Beautiful car Deutsch! Is the fit of the Porsche as tight as it looks?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I do notice that the fans slow down when start moving away from a stop. Speed up again when slowing down coming to stop.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beautiful car only 45 minutes old. Is that a soda bottle on the sunroof?

Looking forward to some sunset photos sans the bottle.

Cheers, Steve
LOL Thanks Steve. A Perrier bottle on the roof. Was sitting in the Taycan playing with all the features :)

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL! How many easter eggs in the photo? It's one of those games where you find the hidden junk. Can you find the bicycle? I spy with my little eye a dustpan!

I've been cleaning and reorganizing my garage to make room for things from the office I'm closing down. Ours is a 4-car. 2 doors and 2.5 cars deep, but with construction going on at home, we only have one car in the garage. I look at what you have in your garage and think, "****, I have too much crap too!" I think tomorrow I'll move another car in. I'll feel better.
Ha ha ha How many Easter eggs!! LOL I spy with my little eyes! Our garage drives me nuts. If it was up to me, I would have nothing but cars and car cleaning products. My spouse buys & buys and puts everything in the garage.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts