Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An interesting, if long, comparison of these 2 cars. I found it timely in light of my rather poor cold weather efficiency yesterday. The first video is Bjorn’s from the Tesla and the 2nd is from Kris’ point of view from the I-Pace.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The next one on his test on the highway was not good either.

almost 29kwh/100km is a lot, I've never reach that on the highway at 100km/h average, even during winter.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I did a 100km (60 mile) run to Toronto and back on Sunday with clear roads and +1 degree Celsius at 130km/h in both directions without slowing down too often and used approximately 33kwh/100 kms each way. I got home with around 15% battery left which would translate into a range of around 270kms which isn’t great. I run my 22” wheels at 37psi which probably adds a lot of drag. If I pumped them back up to 47psi I bet you I might see closer to the 29kwh/100 kms you mention.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I did the same trip yesterday at +5 C and traffic slowed me down a bit and used 26kw/100kms there and 28 on the way back which worked out closer to 300kms on a tank. Still not great, but man, what a great way to get there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've been logging my consumption off/on since I got the car and it is not uncommon for me to see high 20's (e.g. 27kW/100km) and my range is 22-31 kW/100km.

The i-Pace was not built for efficiency any more than gas consumption of a luxury SUV is over basic model. Other than for long trips, range is not an issue if you are commuting and parking/charging at home.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did a 100km (60 mile) run to Toronto and back on Sunday with clear roads and +1 degree Celsius at 130km/h in both directions without slowing down too often and used approximately 33kwh/100 kms each way. I got home with around 15% battery left which would translate into a range of around 270kms which isn’t great. I run my 22” wheels at 37psi which probably adds a lot of drag. If I pumped them back up to 47psi I bet you I might see closer to the 29kwh/100 kms you mention.
I did a run from Toronto to Barrie on a 90% SOC at 0 degrees C on 20-in wheels (about 240 km) and had to stop to charge! When there isn't much traffic, there's practically no regeneration and the range gets consumed fast. Also, you have to keep the air on throughout to prevent fogging the windows, so there's no way to economize on range except to drive slowly, which is no fun at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts