Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Their model line up is very conventional, but having the I-Pace as a competitor and looking at how aggressive it is, they're going to have to step it up to make it on par with competition and the performance their claiming already.

It's going to be a wait. If it wasn't for the first e-tron being a model we had running for the past 5+ years, by now Audi would show some new design.

First example will be the e-tron crossover.

e-tron Q3 looks like any regular Q3.

That is definitely true, the E-Tron doesn't look like anything special at all. But Audi hasn't really put out anything special for a very long time. Let's see what route they go this time and hope for the best. The wife may need a new car soon ;)

its very possible they don't do anything much aside from a special looking grille (like every other car maker) and I won't be surprised, with the sales they have, why push harder when its not required?

BMW is planning to go toe-to-toe with the I-Pace in 2021 with the iNext electric crossover. They plan to release it with Level 3 autonomy and the concept is interesting. No doubt the production model will look more like the rest of it's i lineup, but 2021 may be a bit too late.

Lol honestly, I seen that thing in a video and it was pretty cool as heck but there's no way in heck they would ever bring something even remotely close to that out. It'll look just like something on their X lineup with very minor differences and by 2021 I would like to see how far the I-pace will change

That concept goes well beyond just presenting a future EV but future tech and direction of the automotive industry, too ambitious for suggesting what the next decade or two will be like. What we can take are things like proportions, headlight design, and all those other practical elements.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Looking at release dates alone, the Audi e-Tron Sportback will be more of a rival than the iNext. By the time BMW comes out with theirs, the competition would have advanced to the next model with more capabilities and range.

Majority of EVs have that ugly faux grille thing or just solid bumper going on and it really does bother me too. Thankful that Jaguar has something that, I'm not 100%, but looks like a real grill or "faux" real grill that looks legit

Its just part of brands trying to find the design identity of the EV's they sell. I see Chevy still testing this, as you can see the Volt got more traditional styling, compared to the last generation that had more obvious EV styling.

They did do a great job on the this last generation of the Volt. World of a difference and they made it look more like a modern regular vehicle opposed to something alien.

In a few years hopefully they'll get it down properly and not make them so awkward.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
The first few electric cars were awkward because they needed to stand out from the rest and draw attention to the segment. Also makes owners feel special to drive around in a unique looking EV. But with more EVs hitting the streets, they have been normalized as was their design. At least that's my take on it.

The I-Pace is different to an extent, but not by much. It's just an upscale EV SUV so it's really expected for it to look so chic if you will. Anyone can go and buy a great commuter EV like the Chevy Bolt but... it's just not attractive and it's boring.

The I-Pace is different to an extent, but not by much. It's just an upscale EV SUV so it's really expected for it to look so chic if you will. Anyone can go and buy a great commuter EV like the Chevy Bolt but... it's just not attractive and it's boring.
Yup, it's probably one of the reasons why Chevy's Bolt hasn't taken off as much as expected. Meanwhile you look at Model 3 preorder numbers and that tells you a lot.
Now with Model 3 interior spy shots out, we'll see an even greater response from communities.

Definitely and it should be coming around soon. Everyone was talking the few thousand reservations they were losing but nobodies looking at the bigger pictures of the shear hundreds of thousands they still have which says a lot. Within the first week it was the most reservations to make it the biggest launched product ever.

Huge.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Yea, but doesn't Tesla have a track record of production delays and some owners are having problems with getting parts replaced and their cars fixed. I'd rather stick with Jaguar and the I-Pace.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.