Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts
Haven't been able to find any specs on speculation specs on what the i5 should be getting/producing but they are saying it'll look more like the regular model lineup rather than something weird like the i3.

There`s nothing out on it right now aside from speculation. Somewhere i heard we might get a first look at this years LA Auto Show. LA is one of the key markets for this sort of product. But even that too should be taken with a grain of salt till we get some more confirmation.

So far, the only renderings out there are not from BMW and the designs are still relatively "out there" IMO. I can understand automakers trying to make EV looks more like the regular models as to attract more buyers who does not want to stick out.

Even if they based the i5 on something that resembles the 5 series and just looks a little more "future-ish" without looking like it came out of Star Trek or something, I would be pretty content with seeing them.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Andy Goss who is the Jaguar director of sales and marketing said that "there’s not a car brand at this show that’s not working on a (full-electric) vehicle, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche all have product coming.” So when the i-pace is out, it'll be competing against other automotive giants including Tesla.

Andy Goss who is the Jaguar director of sales and marketing said that "there’s not a car brand at this show that’s not working on a (full-electric) vehicle, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche all have product coming.” So when the i-pace is out, it'll be competing against other automotive giants including Tesla.
Well that's how it has always been for a long time, we've known this for years. Even at information which hinted at the market going this direction. A prime example are all the deals going on better car makers and suppliers, always some of the first things in the process.

If BMW comes out with anything like the i3, I don't have high hopes for that compared to the i-Pace. It may appeal to die hard BMW fans, but for those who doesn't have a brand preference that design may drive them away.

If they come out with something else like the i3 it wouldn't be classified in the same segment. They would need to make something like an EV X1 or an EV version of their upcoming X2 which is a bit sportier looking

2019 Audi e-tron Sportback is going to be the Jaguar I-Pace's main rival; the rendering looks decent and its two motors has a maximum combined output of 496bhp and 590 lb-ft of torque. That'll give it a 0-62mph time of 4.5sec and a restricted top speed of 131mph. But this is just the concept.

If BMW comes out with anything like the i3, I don't have high hopes for that compared to the i-Pace. It may appeal to die hard BMW fans, but for those who doesn't have a brand preference that design may drive them away.
So even with all the models they have that cover a lot of well defined segments and doing this for decades, on top of that being the leader for certain segments, you're concerned they will launch something similar to what they already have?

There's a lot of things going on already to suggest what segment it will be in, among all the other obvious information out there.

Gotta admit, that E-Tron concept looks pretty darn intense with that front end. With those specs, it does seem very enticing as well, but let's see how it all plays out in production form before getting too excited.

Picking from the lower end of what audi sells, the A4 provides a great example of what DNA we'll see. Looking at the 2017 A4 and this concept you can sort of see what will fly and what won't. Of course there's only so much we can guess as this is a different model.

I don't think I would pick from the lower end of what Audi sells considering how much of a different vehicle this will be and the price difference that will be of a good margin. This is going to be full EV and will come with great performance which isn't what the current A4 produces.

Definitely, I just kinda tied in the whole performance to looks kinda thing. But nonetheless, if they were take styling cues from their RS line, we could end up with something really aggressive looking, especially for an EV on the market.

My A4 comment should stick since its not always that Audi goes out of their way to make something different that stands out a lot. They stick to reserved styling. The greatest example from them right now is the R8.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.