Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

I-Pace Competitors

31K views 68 replies 5 participants last post by  PlaidBeaver 
The I-Pace is going to compete with the Bolt and Model 3 ?! I can't see something with this much expected power and luxury from Jaguar going for anywhere close to the same price as the entry level EVs from Chevy and Tesla.

I was more thinking this could be competing with the upcoming EV suv from Audi although that may be a stretch as well.

Jaguar doesn't even think they'll do better than that lol. They're claiming the range of 4.0.

The i5 does look like an ideal competitor though. Similar sizing, heck even the styling is pretty darn nice. I don't doubt for a second it'll be in the same range in terms of performance as the I-Pace either.

I can only imagine what an M packaged i3 would look like. Still hate it. However, an M packaged i5 on the other hand.. that will give me something to think about. Maybe Jaguar will present an I-Pace SVR ?!

I doubt Jaguar will come out with an I-Pace SVR if the current 2017 F-Pace doesn't have that as an option. With how much power the I-Pace has, would it really need a SVR variant? Perhaps if BMW does come out with an i5 M.
Ah... see they don't have the option YET. It's definitely testing though.

Aside from that, I do understand that the I-Pace comes with plenty power and twist, but possibly SVR options to make it a bit more aggressive. They can still provide wheels, a kit of some sort, etc.

Haven't been able to find any specs on speculation specs on what the i5 should be getting/producing but they are saying it'll look more like the regular model lineup rather than something weird like the i3.

Even if they based the i5 on something that resembles the 5 series and just looks a little more "future-ish" without looking like it came out of Star Trek or something, I would be pretty content with seeing them.

It's a given that it'll be going up against them. We've already seen Audi coming to play soon enough. How long did anyone think it would have been Jaguar "holding down the fort" (rhetorical question)

If they come out with something else like the i3 it wouldn't be classified in the same segment. They would need to make something like an EV X1 or an EV version of their upcoming X2 which is a bit sportier looking

Gotta admit, that E-Tron concept looks pretty darn intense with that front end. With those specs, it does seem very enticing as well, but let's see how it all plays out in production form before getting too excited.

I don't think I would pick from the lower end of what Audi sells considering how much of a different vehicle this will be and the price difference that will be of a good margin. This is going to be full EV and will come with great performance which isn't what the current A4 produces.

Definitely, I just kinda tied in the whole performance to looks kinda thing. But nonetheless, if they were take styling cues from their RS line, we could end up with something really aggressive looking, especially for an EV on the market.

Their model line up is very conventional, but having the I-Pace as a competitor and looking at how aggressive it is, they're going to have to step it up to make it on par with competition and the performance their claiming already.

That is definitely true, the E-Tron doesn't look like anything special at all. But Audi hasn't really put out anything special for a very long time. Let's see what route they go this time and hope for the best. The wife may need a new car soon ;)

Lol honestly, I seen that thing in a video and it was pretty cool as heck but there's no way in heck they would ever bring something even remotely close to that out. It'll look just like something on their X lineup with very minor differences and by 2021 I would like to see how far the I-pace will change

Majority of EVs have that ugly faux grille thing or just solid bumper going on and it really does bother me too. Thankful that Jaguar has something that, I'm not 100%, but looks like a real grill or "faux" real grill that looks legit

They did do a great job on the this last generation of the Volt. World of a difference and they made it look more like a modern regular vehicle opposed to something alien.

In a few years hopefully they'll get it down properly and not make them so awkward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.