Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was the color on your I-Pace your first choice?

Is there a color you would rather have?

I was stuck between Ceasium Blue, Photon Red & Barasco Gray.
I'm very pleased with the Ceasium Blue

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
185 Posts

Mid 2019 I was a ready to go pull the trigger on ordering a loaded caesium blue since there were none on the east coast, but got a good offer on a photon red FE. Love the car, color is definitely eye catching. No complaints. No interest in the less dramatic shades of grey, white or black.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mid 2019 I was a ready to go pull the trigger on ordering a loaded caesium blue since there were none on the east coast, but got a good offer on a photon red FE. Love the car, color is definitely eye catching. No complaints. No interest in the less dramatic shades of grey, white or black.
Photon Red is such so unique and beautiful. It's the quintessential I-Pace color

Is there any other car that you've seen it on?

·
Registered
251 Posts

I was thinking of the cesium blue but Gott vetoed. Ended up with Corrus Grey. Still beautiful in a more subtle WSU, so no regrets.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
From day 1, I wanted Indus Silver, but the dealer was only doing deep discounts on certain cars in stock. I had a choice of Corris Grey, Santorini Black or Fuji White. The first I-Pace I contracted was Corris Grey. I backed out of it, when the updates would not complete after several days and the Range was stuck at 282!

When I decided I wanted another I-Pace, I told the dealer I had to have Indus Silver! They had 1 in stock (and at the time, it was the only one in California). They decided to offer me the same huge discount on the Indus Silver, as they offered me on the Corris Grey :)

Being honest, I do not think there is a "bad" colour offered on the I-Pace!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From day 1, I wanted Indus Silver, but the dealer was only doing deep discounts on certain cars in stock. I had a choice of Corris Grey, Santorini Black or Fuji White. The first I-Pace I contracted was Corris Grey. I backed out of it, when the updates would not complete after several days and the Range was stuck at 282!

When I decided I wanted another I-Pace, I told the dealer I had to have Indus Silver! They had 1 in stock (and at the time, it was the only one in California). They decided to offer me the same huge discount on the Indus Silver, as they offered me on the Corris Grey :)

Being honest, I do not think there is a "bad" colour offered on the I-Pace!!!
Silver is very hard to find and it's lovely
I agree, every color looks fantastic

·
Registered
100 Posts
I custom ordered mine - Yulong white, carbon fiber with 22" CF wheels and Sierra inside... Just the way I ordered it and haven't seen anything sexier on the road

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
185 Posts
Caeseum Blue
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5068 wheels with diamond turned finish
Siena Tan seats with Ebony/Ebony interior

These were my first choice with a custom order and it is the perfect in my eyes.
When I was a kid back in the '70's my father had a blue Jag. The blue was a touch darker than the caesium blue, and the seats were red leather with wood trim. Very sharp look.
I thought about replicating that look, but as said above went with the photon red and a good deal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most of the colors need to be seen in person. Photos just don't tell the whole story, and lighting plays a huge role in looks.

When I decided to get an I-Pace I was going to custom order and wanted to be unique with Silicon Silver. It looks great in pics, but in person on a cloudy day, it looked too greenish/tan and reminded me of an old Honda Civic I had. Granted this was on a Range Rover the dealer had, but the wife vetoed it right away.

She wanted Firenze Red since it looked so good on a Rover in the show room. When we saw it in person outside though, it just didn't have the same zing. Then Caseum Blue caught our eye. Winner! So it was decided to get Caseum Blue, done deal.

But Jaguar had frozen US custom orders and the search began to find a car that met most of my option requests. Ended up getting the closest on a Boraso Grey and pulled the trigger. Borasco was probably my least favorite choice out of the bunch just because it looked dirty white in photos, but very few photos online really show what it looks like. I think it looks the best on a cloudy day and we have about 9 months of those here in the NW. I'm pretty stoked I lucked out with this color as I think it's my favorite now. I would still have been happy with the Caseum, but I don't think I would trade it out now. Everyone who's said something about the car always comments on the unique color. It will look even better when I manage to black out all the shiny bits :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most of the colors need to be seen in person. Photos just don't tell the whole story, and lighting plays a huge role in looks.

When I decided to get an I-Pace I was going to custom order and wanted to be unique with Silicon Silver. It looks great in pics, but in person on a cloudy day, it looked too greenish/tan and reminded me of an old Honda Civic I had. Granted this was on a Range Rover the dealer had, but the wife vetoed it right away.

She wanted Firenze Red since it looked so good on a Rover in the show room. When we saw it in person outside though, it just didn't have the same zing. Then Caseum Blue caught our eye. Winner! So it was decided to get Caseum Blue, done deal.

But Jaguar had frozen US custom orders and the search began to find a car that met most of my option requests. Ended up getting the closest on a Boraso Grey and pulled the trigger. Borasco was probably my least favorite choice out of the bunch just because it looked dirty white in photos, but very few photos online really show what it looks like. I think it looks the best on a cloudy day and we have about 9 months of those here in the NW. I'm pretty stoked I lucked out with this color as I think it's my favorite now. I would still have been happy with the Caseum, but I don't think I would trade it out now. Everyone who's said something about the car always comments on the unique color. It will look even better when I manage to black out all the shiny bits :)
Barasco needs to be seen in person to appreciate it, especially up close to notice the metallic flake.
You are correct about the black bits. The more black, the less the paint looks white.
Black 5068 wheels would bring out the color more than the 22s

I was going to pull the trigger on this one before I got the Ceasium Blue
I needed to place it against the white car to see the contrast

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Silver is very hard to find and it's lovely
I agree, every color looks fantastic
I don't know why silver is so hard to find. When our neighbor 2 doors down saw my I-Pace and flipped and had to have one....he searched for several months (using 2 dealers) and they could not locate an Indus Silver (S, SE or HSE).

Same thing in 2018 with my G63 AMG. Our local MBZ dealers had over 100+ G63 in stock on the lot and no silver (Beverly Hills eventually secured me a Silver one).

Silver used to be one of the easiest colours to get, and now so hard. I would say easily 95% of all the cars I've owned (more than I will ever say, LOL) have been silver!! It's my fave!!

And yeah...EVERY colour offered looks amazing on the I-Pace. That shows how well designed and sculpted our cars are!!

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
I like all the colors that are available. My favorite is the Firenze Red, which I just could not get because my car is parked outside in the CA sun and red just fades; for the same reason I could not get Black. So for my first one, I went Indus Silver with Mars Red interior. Frankly, I love the Mars Red but the silver is a bit ... normal. For my second one I decided that I would be Ok with Caesium Blue, Indus Silver, any Light Grey (i.e., Borasco), or any White, with any interior. Given my other preferences (Driver Pack, no heated windshield, and most importantly Performance Seats) I ended up with Fuji White and Ebony interior, and I put black aftermarket rims on it. I love it and I really have the complete car I want!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Order custom the exact color and options you want. We've custom ordered 2 European ICE cars, 2 Teslas, and the I-Pace over the past 20 years. Never will I pay for options I don't want and not get every option I do want (including the color). You may not get a deep discount like on an inventory car the dealer hasn't been able to unload, but to me it's worth it to get exactly what I want.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Caesium Blue is the best I-Pace color. I also got the black exterior pack and have no regrets. Firenze Red would be my second choice. The 27 grays, black, and white are too boring for this kind of car. Photon Red looks like a traffic cone to me. I think a British Racing Green could be great. I also like the almost purple looking Loire Blue that Prince Charles got on his I-Pace.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts