Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read lots about EVs and not charging to 100% if the vehicle will not be used....but for how many days is it safe?

It has been several months since I have done a full 100% charge (I like having full Regen. braking), but yesterday I charged my I-Pace to 100%, but then realized afterwards that I will not be driving it for many days.

What is safe, ok, dangerous for 100% SOC and non-operation? Thanks. Happy Monday :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I would never worry about days. It is best practice to not leave at 100% or below 30% for extended period of time (read weeks). Even then there is no "one time" event, it all comes down to cycles and degradation over time and many repeats of same.

So in your case, no worries.

·
Super Moderator
1,714 Posts
It has been several months since I have done a full 100% charge (I like having full Regen. braking), but yesterday I charged my I-Pace to 100%, but then realized afterwards that I will not be driving it for many days.
Sounds like a perfect excuse to drive it a few miles and get that I-Pace grin on your face before you park it for a few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts