Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a trip on Ca 5 to Portland Or where temps can reach 100 on the interstate

Appreciate any input on how the battery may behave while driving in high temps.

Ant tips or suggestions is welcomed!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
I have noticed that battery usage is for sure higher in hot temps. We had several days this and last week of 100-106F, and while I cannot tell you exactly how much % I used, it was for sure much more than normal!

I also noticed that with these high temps the fans run a lot, even while driving and especially whilst stopped and then pulling in the garage. Btw, I am in Calabasas, CA (So Cal).

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
Based on recent input from JLR engineers, it's advised that you run preconditioning while fast charging at high temperatures, because that engages the battery conditioning system to optimize performance and not just protection from outright damage. 🍺

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed that battery usage is for sure higher in hot temps. We had several days this and last week of 100-106F, and while I cannot tell you exactly how much % I used, it was for sure much more than normal!

I also noticed that with these high temps the fans run a lot, even while driving and especially whilst stopped and then pulling in the garage. Btw, I am in Calabasas, CA (So Cal).
Thanks for the info.
that was my sense too
Use to the Tesla - never much concerned though with access to the supercharger network
Will have to pay close attention to long distance drive in heat with the I Pace
Btw, I am in Moraga, Ca
Based on recent input from JLR engineers, it's advised that you run preconditioning while fast charging at high temperatures, because that engages the battery conditioning system to optimize performance and not just protection from outright damage. 🍺
Thanks for the suggestion
Not clear to me how I would use the PC during the charging phase

do I enable it at the time or before I charge
Never had to use the PC in northern ca.

the online manual isn’t much help
or any link with additional info. Is appreciated

·
Registered
106 Posts
Taking a trip on Ca 5 to Portland Or where temps can reach 100 on the interstate

Appreciate any input on how the battery may behave while driving in high temps.

Ant tips or suggestions is welcomed!
It's about 105 to 110 here in Arizona, if you don't use Ac, Ventilated seats, etc, then battery usage is about the same as usual. If you use the AC , stereo and Ventilated seats then you will get around 200 miles or a bit less. Assuming average speed and traffic.
Once on a long trip, I switched to low power mode, eco and got a bit over 255 miles...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts