Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I-Pace "asleep". In Control app won't update and Remote Climate won't work. With this whole Covid-19 ****, I have not driven my car for 3-4 days. I tried to use the In Control app and Climatize my I-Pace or lock and unlock the doors....but nothing. Keeps says updating or contacting vehicle. Finally something popped up about the car being asleep. While I have not driven it, I have opened & closed the doors several times and the all the screens come to life when doing so. Battery has held at 81% the whole time not being driven or used. Does the car need to be driven, for the In Control app to work?
:-O

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you turned the car on or only opened and closed the doors?
I have opened the doors several times over the past few days and I lock and unlocked via the physical remote. In Control says the car is asleep. The I-Pace Facebook page says I have to actually drive the car to wake it up. I would think locking, unlocking and opening the doors would do the trick. I guess Kitty is VERY tired ;) I will say though the last time I charged it, I stopped at 81% soc, and it has not budged from 81%. That's good!

·
Registered
577 Posts
The Remote features enter a low power mode 96 hours after the last electric motor stop. The low power mode action conserves vehicle battery life.

I haven't validated it, but it is stated for other Jaguar models one has to start the vehicle and drive it for at least 15 minutes to get the remote functions back. The other method is to set a wake up time before it goes to sleep. That time can be within a 30 day period. If a wake up time is set, the low power mode will start after 60 hours,

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Remote features enter a low power mode 96 hours after the last electric motor stop. The low power mode action conserves vehicle battery life.

I haven't validated it, but it is stated for other Jaguar models one has to start the vehicle and drive it for at least 15 minutes to get the remote functions back. The other method is to set a wake up time before it goes to sleep. That time can be within a 30 day period. If a wake up time is set, the low power mode will start after 60 hours,
Wow, thank you. This makes sense now. I will drive it tomorrow. I am venturing out into Mad Max territory, to see what supplies I can try and find. Hopefully I will drive enough for Kitty to wake up. Does it have to be 15 consecutive mins of driving, or can it be 5, 5, and 5 or 10 and 5?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The crazy part of the wake up timer is it must be set within 48 hours of the last time the car was driven. WattCat has a notification feature to remind the driver before 48 hours expire.
I looked up Wattcat. It is for Android phones. I have an iPhone. Don't see a Wattcat app for iOS :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had mine go to sleep several times and go offline from WattCat.

Deutsch100, try starting your car and driving several metres / yards backwards then forwards to your original position.

I tried this several months ago after the car went to sleep, I recall this worked at getting WattCat communications going again. Please try this brief test before taking a 15 minute drive. If it doesn't work I am sure you will let everyone know my memory has failed:unsure:

On previous a versions of WattCat I have set the wake up timer, but found the car was asleep ( in the garage ) a day later.

I have not yet retested the wake up timer on v1.2.3. A recurring wakeup timer could perhaps be useful to confirm your car was still where you parked it over a week or so.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
624 Posts
I looked up Wattcat. It is for Android phones. I have an iPhone. Don't see a Wattcat app for iOS :(
You're right about no iOS and no plans to adapt. There was a lengthy discussion on the UK forum about alternatives including someone developing a new app. I don't remember the details but it would be worth a look.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
You're right about no iOS and no plans to adapt. There was a lengthy discussion on the UK forum about alternatives including someone developing a new app. I don't remember the details but it would be worth a look.
I started writing an iOS version on Sunday but still have my real work "interfering" during the week (for now I'm working remotely from home of course). I do have the initial authorization/login/registration steps working from my iPhone and I can pull the status data and lock the car so far. That was a fun step!

I don't know how long it will take me to do an acceptably demonstrable version since I wasn't worried about the UI at all so far. It will be quite a few weeks I'm sure. For now I was just working out the details of the API calls needed to get a basic app up and running. It will certainly take a while to get it looking as good as ardevd's work with WattCat. The app itself will also be more difficult to distribute due to Apple's stricter app distribution controls. In any case if and when I get an acceptably sharable iOS version going I'll post something and we can start some limited testing. A ton of thanks to ardevd, whoever put up the API docs (which has some errors by the way), and whoever created the Python interface version that I've been referencing to decode some of the mysteries of the API.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had to run some errands today, so I took Kitty out. All is awake and back to normal. Next time she goes into deep sleep, I will try the backing up and forward @lobster Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I woke mine from its 10 day catnap this morning and backed it out of the garage. I immediately check the WattCat and Jaguar Remote apps. Both of them did not complain of unable to communicate with the car. WattCat didn't show tire pressures but a later check after running into the nearest town and back showed all data.

·
Registered
5 Posts

So I think that happened to me but additonally, my key fob won’t work and the doors won’t open so now I can’t open the car to start it. I unplugged the charger (it has been plugged in) and the app says fully charged but the car is behaving as if the battery died. Even the manual emergency key isn’t working. Any tips/ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does neither key fob work? How did you unplug the charging cable without unlocking the car?
Good question - So - update, I finally got the door open with the manual key from the fob. The car won’t start. Nothing turns on. I have NOT been able to unplug the charger from the car itself, I unplugged it from the wall with the hope that it may trigger something to move/change/work. I then let it rest an hour or so and plugged it back in and the charger reads that it is receiving power but there are no additional lights on indicating that it is charging the car or that there is a fault of some sort. The app still says the car is full charged...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good question - So - update, I finally got the door open with the manual key from the fob. The car won’t start. Nothing turns on. I have NOT been able to unplug the charger from the car itself, I unplugged it from the wall with the hope that it may trigger something to move/change/work. I then let it rest an hour or so and plugged it back in and the charger reads that it is receiving power but there are no additional lights on indicating that it is charging the car or that there is a fault of some sort. The app still says the car is full charged...
and yes, none of the key fobs work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmm maybe your 12v battery died and all the car electronics are off.
That’s what I’m thinking. It’s just so odd because it was plugged in when it happened and the app says it’s fully charged. I’m thinking I’m going to need roadside assistance to come tow it. I opened the bonnet manually and attempted to use the emergency release to at least remove the charger from the vehicle, but I can’t find it. There is no ring like it shows in the photo in the manual and definitely nothing orange. Anyone have tips for that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts