Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Let's not forget, Tesla has been making cars for a long time now. They can't use the excuses of it being a startup and they are growing

·
Registered
804 Posts
It’s a story that’s been repeated too many times with the M3 & the MS. Not always the same issues, but generally far too many for a car costing what a Tesla does. That horrible seat alignment is just stunning.

As I mentioned in my I-Pace vs MS comparison, rattles are endemic to any Tesla, regardless of the model.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
’If you are particular about fit and finish?” That is what finally got me. I am always stunned how many unacceptable things people normalize in daily life. But when you are buying what is clearly an expensive car why wouldn’t you be particular about fit and finish? If Toyota and entry level car makers deliver better fit and finish why would you even call it being “particular?” And if the fit and finish is off what else is really not made with attention to detail.

It boggles my mind how people will twist themselves inside out to convince themselves something is ok. Bad fit and finish, missing paint on delivery, seats that do not line up are NOT ok.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I will not admit how many cars I have traded in and lost my a** on because of a rattle...even 1 rattle. It, to me, takes all the joy of ownership away!
Couldn’t agree more. It was probably the biggest reason I dumped the Tesla. Rattles not only detract from your perception of a car’s quality, but also make the ride feel worse than it is. It would actually make me wince when I knew I was coming up on a road irregularly that I knew would result in a rattle.

As sciencegeek said, I can sooner deal with minor paint issues than rattles. They are the worst.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
486 Posts
WOW - one easily pleased customer - isn't that what lemon laws are for? He must be an fool to accept a car of such low quality...
As he said, he felt that the good aspects of the car outweighed the quality issues.
Everyone has their own priorities in life, and their priorities often reflect their own personally. Vive la difference.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
As he said, he felt that the good aspects of the car outweighed the quality issues.
Everyone has their own priorities in life, and their priorities often reflect their own personally. Vive la difference.
I completely agree we all have our priorities. But when a large group of people normalize sub-par quality it hurts us all, its not longer personal. Priorities or preferences should be about characteristics, drive quality, styling, etc. Not about whether the engine falls out or not.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
486 Posts
I completely agree we all have our priorities. But when a large group of people normalize sub-par quality it hurts us all, its not longer personal. Priorities or preferences should be about characteristics, drive quality, styling, etc. Not about whether the engine falls out or not.
Agreed totally, but this sort of attitude is inherent to modern society. Image over quality. I'm sure we all have our favorite examples. The wonders of good marketing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
From my POV, Tesla has achieved cult status so no need for buyers to be objective about any deficiencies....simply accepting each car and design as flawless no matter what. Period.
I actually watched the video and could not understand how anyone would accept a car that had areas of missing paint. Paint- the most fundamental and important feature for protecting a car long term. A new car needs touch ups? Really? I agree with the person who wrote that if Tesla cannot get the paint right- which is visible, suggesting virtually no QA- what else has been overlooked?
After the MS, I haven't personally liked any of the designs. I frankly see them all as Zoomorphic based on perhaps sea mammals. Beluga X. Porpoise 3 etc. I'm not saying I prefer cats to whales, which I do not, but when it comes to cars, me thinks maybe a cat is a better starting point. Sorry for any offense to dual owners.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
From my POV, Tesla has achieved cult status so no need for buyers to be objective about any deficiencies....simply accepting each car and design as flawless no matter what. Period.
I actually watched the video and could not understand how anyone would accept a car that had areas of missing paint. Paint- the most fundamental and important feature for protecting a car long term. A new car needs touch ups? Really? I agree with the person who wrote that if Tesla cannot get the paint right- which is visible, suggesting virtually no QA- what else has been overlooked?
After the MS, I haven't personally liked any of the designs. I frankly see them all as Zoomorphic based on perhaps sea mammals. Beluga X. Porpoise 3 etc. I'm not saying I prefer cats to whales, which I do not, but when it comes to cars, me thinks maybe a cat is a better starting point. Sorry for any offense to dual owners.
Zoomorphic! We have said from day one, and up to all Tesla models...they look like a giant fish mouth, and there is an odd porpoise look too. You nailed it!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think many buyers wanted to do the right thing regarding climate change and there was nothing on the market besides Tesla and a few hybrids. They understood that Tesla was a new manufacturer and there would be quality control issues. For me the Model S was/is great looking but once there was competition from established auto makers I then could compare quality and price and the I-Pace was better on both points.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
I think many buyers wanted to do the right thing regarding climate change and there was nothing on the market besides Tesla and a few hybrids. They understood that Tesla was a new manufacturer and there would be quality control issues. For me the Model S was/is great looking but once there was competition from established auto makers I then could compare quality and price and the I-Pace was better on both points.
Agree. It's funny too, because the OLD Model S is still the best looking Tesla they have. It's sad that the tech and inside is dated now compared to the Model 3 and Y, but I would still take a Model S over their newer offerings.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I really don't like the interior of the new M3 & MY. There's simple and then there's 'spartan'. To me their look is spartan...cheap. Not that the MS is luxurious on the inside, but to me it's a lot nicer looking than the M3 & MY.

I also much preferred the new nose as opposed to the old, oval one. I know opinions were very divided on the nose, but you'd be surprised how many MS owners with the old nose, bought the available kits that enabled you to update to the new nose.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts