Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use AdSR mode? I use it all the time as my normal drive mode. It drives much better. The car feels more solid, especially the suspension when going over uneven road or bumps/ potholes. There's less movement in the suspension. Anyone has the same experience?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
Used in heavy rain and snow/ice on roads occasions. It does seem to have an impact on control under those circumstances. I haven't found a difference on dry pavement.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does anyone use AdSR mode? I use it all the time as my normal drive mode. It drives much better. The car feels more solid, especially the suspension when going over uneven road or bumps/ potholes. There's less movement in the suspension. Anyone has the same experience?
Thanks
Makes sense, with ADSR the car is actively monitoring all of tha sensors and information to instantaneously direct power to each corner as needed, while I also believe other things like wheel spin and speed and body roll and bla bla bla to deliver the utmost performance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks
Jeez, I think you are right. it is different and its "better" for sure.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
166 Posts
I've turned it on a few times in the winter when driving in snow, but never noticed any difference at all, to be honest.
Do you have 22s? I have 20s and I notice an immediate difference. It hugs and grips the wet pavement differently and is pretty amazing. I tell people about it all the time, I think JLR had a lawsuit against another auto or two for stealing the tech if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have 20” wheels with the Goodyear all seasons. The issue in the patent JLR sued VW over was about the ability to select from multiple off road drive modes, and didn’t really have anything to do with the specific changes made in any of the modes.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I drove ASMR in the wet. Other than making me feel chills, it didn't seem different.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
166 Posts
I have 20” wheels with the Goodyear all seasons. The issue in the patent JLR sued VW over was about the ability to select from multiple off road drive modes, and didn’t really have anything to do with the specific changes made in any of the modes.
Thanks for the clarification

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
I'm honestly shocked that others don't notice a marked difference
I looked but the markings got washed off in the rain before I could get to check. :)

Results will vary depending on the amount of moisture (liquid, frozen or mix thereof) on the traveled surface, as well as the state of wear of the tires. I've found it does improve the handling if hitting a significant puddle that would otherwise suddenly pull the car off course due to its resistance.

The JLR lawsuit also involved the use of the rotary knob to select modes. They patented it when introduced on Land Rovers and VW didn't license the use of the concept.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts