Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manual under EV settings we are supposed to see an icon for Battery and Charging Limits. As you can see .
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I have none of those icons as you can see in the picture below from my car
Automotive design Gadget Car Vehicle Radio

as anybody seen this problem an have got a solution. ?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
Touch the upper right box shown in the second picture (pre-conditioning). Per iGuide, the State of Charge can be altered there. It's default setting is 80%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We spent one hour at the dealer with an expert and he confirmed that the firmware is missing the feature and that it needs to be corrected by Jaguar manufacturing. They forgot the feature in the new PIVI Pro screen !!!! it could take months before such new update will get release. End of the story there. It is the same for all 2022 IPace models at this point.

·
Registered
133 Posts
“Supposed to be there” is subjective. In any engineering effort there is going to be a chance for the documentation and the actual software or hardware to not match.

While the feature my make sense and the documentation may indicate it should be there, at some point the software team missed a deadline to roll it out or took It out because of a different concern. It may be added later or not. Only the software team knows that. They could just as easily revise the manual to show how it is now. The dealer expert just confirmed that the manual and software dont match.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
797 Posts
No. It is absolutely supposed to be there. It makes no sense to charge constantly at 100% and this is confirmed in the manual and by the dealer expert.
With the built in buffer (not physically able to completely charge the battery) on the I-Pace why does it make "no sense to charge constantly at 100%". JLR has confirmed this in multiple interviews and presentations that have been previously referenced on this forum.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
With the built in buffer (not physically able to completely charge the battery) on the I-Pace why does it make "no sense to charge constantly at 100%". JLR has confirmed this in multiple interviews and presentations that have been previously referenced on this forum.
Oddly, in the iGuide for 22MY Jaguar has printed a different recommendation. Found under "State of Charge":

"Frequent repeated charging cycles to 100% capacity can reduce the lifespan of the battery. Therefore, it is recommended to charge to 80% capacity (or less) unless the charge level is critical for your journey range."

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well since launch they have been saying "no need, charge to 100%," at least for 2019 and 2020. Maybe they finally revised. Most manufacturer do allow a 80% usable charge or arbitrary limit, Jaguar is one of the few that doesn't. It is useful for many reasons, longevity for not letting the car sit 100% for long periods of time, having full regen at start of day etc.

So I am glad at least they are talking about the option even if they haven't gotten around to it. Some of us use 3rd part software to do that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts