Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought another new 2019 HSE on Friday 12/13/19, after the first one over a week ago failed to software update and the dealer (Hornburg) opened a case with JLR.

"My" new 2019 HSE has been in Service for almost 8 hours today and the software updates are not loading!!

I have been w/o a car since Friday. Yeah before I get blasted, I understand this is a 1st world problem...but here in Los Angeles, no car is crippling. I was not even able to pick up from son from the school bus stop.

WTF is going on with Jaguar?! My spouse and I have bought easily 40 cars ranging from $20k to $530k...and we have never been unable to take delivery because the car will not software update.

I have a knot in my stomach. Such a bad feeling again with Jaguar!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sorry about the frustration, completely understandable in your case (first world problem or not). For what its worth this is the “first” EV and hopefully JLR will learn from their experience. A lot of the car shows very good engineering, but some details (like software updates) are a bit lacking. Hopefully it won’t color your appreciation of the rest of the car too much.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you're able to get out, get out.
Agreed. If the dealer couldn't certify that all software was up to date and release the car, then you might consider walking away. They may need to replace the telematics unit, which controls the communications for most of the car. That happened to at least one forum member. I'd rather start clean considering Jaguar build quality and the expected first year model bugs. Best of luck. If you do get a problem free I-Pace, I think you'll love it, but going through constant rounds with the dealer will really sour the affair.

Reactions: PS702

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
278 Posts
I bought another new 2019 HSE on Friday 12/13/19, after the first one over a week ago failed to software update and the dealer (Hornburg) opened a case with JLR.

"My" new 2019 HSE has been in Service for almost 8 hours today and the software updates are not loading!! .....
Is this 2nd car from the same dealer? At some point the blame has to shift to the techs rather than the design engineers and JLR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ridiculous.

I also took delivery of a an HSE and my software will not update. I have tried over wifi and using the built in 4g, nothing. I am thinking of calling Jaguar USA for guidance, this is unacceptable.

"My" new 2019 HSE has been in Service for almost 8 hours today and the software updates are not loading!!

I have been w/o a car since Friday. Yeah before I get blasted, I understand this is a 1st world problem...but here in Los Angeles, no car is crippling. I was not even able to pick up from son from the school bus stop.

WTF is going on with Jaguar?! My spouse and I have bought easily 40 cars ranging from $20k to $530k...and we have never been unable to take delivery because the car will not software update.

I have a knot in my stomach. Such a bad feeling again with Jaguar!!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also took delivery of a an HSE and my software will not update. I have tried over wifi and using the built in 4g, nothing. I am thinking of calling Jaguar USA for guidance, this is unacceptable.

@jaybanger...it will not update at the dealer? They told me SOTA is not perfect, but it "should" update at the dealer. The first I-Pace I bought, it would not update at the dealer, so I walked away. The second one, in the beginning, kept failing, but then it worked quite well.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Been there. Two emails from Jaguar saying updates are available and I need to enable downloads and download them didn't help.

The cat spent from a Thursday to a Wednesday at the vet to get fixed as they tried repeatedly to get the update via WIFI and cellular. On the Monday of that interval they told me they had to replace an antenna and that would be shipped overnight to them. Wednesday they called and said antenna replaced and software updated.

Paperwork makes no mention of antenna replacement. Software was updated via Pathfinder not SOTA and a note about waiting until next update to validate SOTA works.

That was last month and I am pleased to report SOTA did deliver 19C update.

JLR knows about these cases and has a set sequence of steps to go through for resolution. Unfortunately, it seems like it requires a back and forth with info between dealer and support in UK. This means that they can only fix it during UK business hours (per local dealer). That doesn't give west coast US much of a window each day for these cases.

Start with a friendly conversation with the dealer service rep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts