Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

Loving the I-Pace but need a second car that will do extremely low mileage. I don't want the expense of 2 I-Paces, so I ordered a Mach-E, with upgraded battery and power. 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, if I remember rightly, so only fractionally slower than my I-Pace.

Haven't seen one yet but ordered on the condition of the dealer refunding my deposit, if I don't want the car when it arrives.

I am not expecting it to even come close to the I-Pace but we will see if it works out when I test drive it.

Regards,

Roger

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That will allow for some interesting first-hand comparisons!

Any indication when the new one should arrive?
Ford said at the End of December

Residuals are going to be in the 39% range so they will need to discount the Mach E to make the lease attractive, like they did with the I-Pace in late 2019.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm looking at that and the Polstar 2 to replace my I-Pace when it comes off lease. (Tired of the 3-hour drive to the Jaguar dealer). Will be looking forward to hearing what you think of the car.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
585 Posts
I'm looking at that and the Polstar 2 to replace my I-Pace when it comes off lease. (Tired of the 3-hour drive to the Jaguar dealer). Will be looking forward to hearing what you think of the car.
Will be interesting to see how many Ford dealers are certified/trained to work on these unique cars. Not sure Polestar service will be any better than JLR.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Service is potentially a nightmare for Polestar owners, depending upon where they live. The startup has been incredibly mismanaged. People don’t know when they’ll have their cars, where they’ll get them serviced and if the cars they’re getting have had some serious issues addressed prior to delivery.

I originally had a deposit down for a Polestar (in addition to a ME). I actually spoke to one of the ‘higher ups’ in Sweden and he couldn’t answer my question as to where my car would be serviced...and I live in NY. Comforting. 🙄

He assured me their concierge service would pick up my car and bring it somewhere for servicing once they had that figured out. Of course that could be up to 150 miles from my home, he warned. So potentially my vehicle could be driven by some stranger up to 300 miles round trip for servicing. It was about this time that I decided this was not for me, especially for a brand new vehicle with unknown quality and no real history to go on.

IMO, between the Ford and the Polestar, it’s a no-brainer, I’d go with the Ford.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Guys:

Loving the I-Pace but need a second car that will do extremely low mileage. I don't want the expense of 2 I-Paces, so I ordered a Mach-E, with upgraded battery and power. 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, if I remember rightly, so only fractionally slower than my I-Pace.

Haven't seen one yet but ordered on the condition of the dealer refunding my deposit, if I don't want the car when it arrives.

I am not expecting it to even come close to the I-Pace but we will see if it works out when I test drive it.

Regards,

Roger
Roger, Jag's "official" 0-60 time is 4.5 seconds, however, according to two different tests, Motor Trend said the 0-60 time is actually 4 seconds flat. So the feel between 4.0 and 4.8 will be significant. Still, the Mach-E may very well be fully satisfactory for the purpose(s) you've indicated. Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roger, Jag's "official" 0-60 time is 4.5 seconds, however, according to two different tests, Motor Trend said the 0-60 time is actually 4 seconds flat. So the feel between 4.0 and 4.8 will be significant. Still, the Mach-E may very well be fully satisfactory for the purpose(s) you've indicated. Good luck!
Thanks for posting this info.

I never do the 0-60 sprint, as I don't want to be paying out for new 22" tires every few months!!

Where I mainly use the power is for quick overtakes (which would never be attempted in a 'normal' car), merging on major roads, etc.

Hopefully, the Mach-E will accomplish the same things, also, albeit not quite as quick.

Roger

·
Registered
33 Posts
Service is potentially a nightmare for Polestar owners, depending upon where they live. The startup has been incredibly mismanaged. People don’t know when they’ll have their cars, where they’ll get them serviced and if the cars they’re getting have had some serious issues addressed prior to delivery.

I originally had a deposit down for a Polestar (in addition to a ME). I actually spoke to one of the ‘higher ups’ in Sweden and he couldn’t answer my question as to where my car would be serviced...and I live in NY. Comforting. 🙄

He assured me their concierge service would pick up my car and bring it somewhere for servicing once they had that figured out. Of course that could be up to 150 miles from my home, he warned. So potentially my vehicle could be driven by some stranger up to 300 miles round trip for servicing. It was about this time that I decided this was not for me, especially for a brand new vehicle with unknown quality and no real history to go on.

IMO, between the Ford and the Polestar, it’s a no-brainer, I’d go with the Ford.
I was enthusiastic about the Polestar, particularly after the test drive. And here in Ontario Polestar partnered with Grand Touring Automobiles for delivery and service, and their location in Toronto (also a JLR dealership) is a few miles from my home. Alas, learned this morning that Polestar service will conducted from a satellite Volvo dealership 75 miles out of town :(

·
Registered
983 Posts
I was enthusiastic about the Polestar, particularly after the test drive. And here in Ontario Polestar partnered with Grand Touring Automobiles for delivery and service, and their location in Toronto (also a JLR dealership) is a few miles from my home. Alas, learned this morning that Polestar service will conducted from a satellite Volvo dealership 75 miles out of town :(
That’s one of the things I was warning you about.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is that the Waterloo location? They are my Jag dealer and actually very good to deal with. Although it is far from you you probably won’t have to go too often since it is electric. I bought by i3 from Budd’s BMW and had to drive to Oakville from Waterloo but I only went once or twice a year and was a nice drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts