Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked my 2019 iPace and planned to keep it for at least a few more years, despite the clunky software. Great styling, ride, and performance. But it has been in the shop for 2 months every year, and although I was given a Land Rover to drive, that is not why I purchased an EV! Since I liked the size and performance of the iPace I looked for something similar and was about to get a Kia EV6 when a Mustang Mach e GT suddenly became available. I miss the air suspension of the iPace, and it is not quite as nice looking, but otherwise fills the bill - even a bit faster and much better software (and cheaper). Hoping that it stays out of the shop... Maybe the new version of the iPace in 2023 will address some of their problems.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sorry that you got a dud!

Hope you enjoy the Mach e! It’s a great car. Looks like you got a performance? I don’t remember times but I think the other trims are slower than your jag.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really liked my 2019 iPace and planned to keep it for at least a few more years, despite the clunky software. Great styling, ride, and performance. But it has been in the shop for 2 months every year, and although I was given a Land Rover to drive, that is not why I purchased an EV! Since I liked the size and performance of the iPace I looked for something similar and was about to get a Kia EV6 when a Mustang Mach e GT suddenly became available. I miss the air suspension of the iPace, and it is not quite as nice looking, but otherwise fills the bill - even a bit faster and much better software (and cheaper). Hoping that it stays out of the shop... Maybe the new version of the iPace in 2023 will address some of their problems.
I have also been plagued with issues with my 2020. It has spent 35 days in the shop in its first 16 months. Like you, I loved the performance, the ride, the styling and the comfort. However, truth be told, the infotainment is awful and the charging regiment and battery range makes the car near obsolete based on what is available now against other models. My question is, did you sell the vehicle privately or did you trade it in? I cannot sell mine privately and still sleep soundly. Too many issues (which would make it hard to sell anyway). If you traded it in, did they ding you badly due to your service problems? Do tell

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have also been plagued with issues with my 2020. It has spent 35 days in the shop in its first 16 months. Like you, I loved the performance, the ride, the styling and the comfort. However, truth be told, the infotainment is awful and the charging regiment and battery range makes the car near obsolete based on what is available now against other models. My question is, did you sell the vehicle privately or did you trade it in? I cannot sell mine privately and still sleep soundly. Too many issues (which would make it hard to sell anyway). If you traded it in, did they ding you badly due to your service problems? Do tell
Thanks for all of the comments! My Jag dealer offered to buy it but the Ford dealer offered more as a trade for the Mach e GT. Still has 2 years left on the warranty, and none of the problems were recurrences, so hopefully will be a better car for the new owner. I started the lemon buyback last year when it was in the shop for 2 months, but the process is very slow and when the car finally did get back to me in running order I dropped it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having buyer's remorse since buying mine in February. 3 weeks, so far, in the JLR dealership waiting for a new telematic module. (At least they have an EV technician as the other dealership in St. Petersburg does not). They sourced one in the US and found it corrupted and now looking for another module. I should have looked for this forum prior to the purchase. However, we were looking for a SUV/crossover EV and at the time and nothing out there met our requirements.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,005 Posts
I am having buyer's remorse since buying mine in February. 3 weeks, so far, in the JLR dealership waiting for a new telematic module. (At least they have an EV technician as the other dealership in St. Petersburg does not). They sourced one in the US and found it corrupted and now looking for another module. I should have looked for this forum prior to the purchase. However, we were looking for a SUV/crossover EV and at the time and nothing out there met our requirements.
Sorry to hear of your troubles getting parts, but if you had "looked for this forum prior to purchase" you would have seen many happy owners, albeit some that have been (or are currently) waiting on parts, that really enjoy their choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts