Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HUD has a smudge on the screen that the dealer is trying to tell me is normal-
anyone else with this issue?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Sometimes they don't remove the film from the projector screen during prep.
See if you can see a protective film on the 'projector'.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am guessing from the lack or replies, it is not an issue with anyone-,
dealer claims since it is on the other model at the dealership, it is not a defect

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am guessing from the lack or replies, it is not an issue with anyone-,
dealer claims since it is on the other model at the dealership, it is not a defect

Dealers love the "since its on other models" excuse. It more than likely what McRat said or a dirt on the lens
I assume you made all the proper adjustments and brightness?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update-
after 12 days at dealer- finally going to get car back
not resolved-
smudge is on the inside of screen, so instead or replacing, there have escalated/sent to JAG engineering, what ever that means, but want my car while waiting for resolution-
Thank you all for reponses

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up from dealer-
They at last admitted it is not normal and are waiting for JAG to authorize repair/replace
Thanks to all

·
Registered
22 Posts
My HUD has a smudge on the screen that the dealer is trying to tell me is normal-
anyone else with this issue?
Thanks
I took delivery of my car yesterday and I also have the 'smudge' on the HUD that you are referencing.

I would appreciate you posting here when the HUD on your car has been replaced, so as I know whether to bug my dealer.

Thanks.

Roger

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took delivery of my car yesterday and I also have the 'smudge' on the HUD that you are referencing.

I would appreciate you posting here when the HUD on your car has been replaced, so as I know whether to bug my dealer.

Thanks.

Roger
I am still waiting on replacement-
dealer said would set up appointment when replacement arrived.
Plan to call monday to follow up, again-

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
That round artifact on your HUD is what mine had. There is a clear plastic film with a round tape indicator on it which tells them to remove it.

But that's what worries me. If I can see stuff like that, why can't the Service Writer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
That round artifact on your HUD is what mine had. There is a clear plastic film with a round tape indicator on it which tells them to remove it.

But that's what worries me. If I can see stuff like that, why can't the Service Writer?
Are you saying that the plastic film was something you were able to remove or did the dealer have to access it?

I cannot see or feel any film on my HUD, and I have the same 'smudge' issue.

Thanks.

Roger

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If it's the round tape issue, you can see it by looking down through the windshield from the outside.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts