Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Livermore Jaguar and had a long, enlightening talk with Jesus, the service manager.

1. Turn on vehicle departures/preconditioning and set a time when you night usually depart. I think you can do this for just one day a week but you might need all seven days. Do it in the car, not from the app, as the app doesn't update right away.
2. In the same screen, you can hit the options button to set a charge time. We have ours set from 11PM to 6AM.
3. When you park the car, it will ask if you want timed charging or not. Say yes. Sadly, this must be done every time. It should be the opposite. Also a window like a text message may block this.
4. Plug in the car and look at the dashboard. It will say that the car is on a timed charge.
5. The car may charge before the set time if it thinks that it needs more time to complete a charge. So if you have 5 miles left, a 32 amp charger, and only 7 hours of scheduled charge time, the car will start before the 7 scheduled hours.

It's a poorly designed system. Timed charging and departure/preconditioning times should not be connected, though I get why they did this.

My only question is, if I have one preconditioning time set for the week, and if I follow all the directions, will it charge during the preset hours even if the departure day is far away.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I set the departure for next Sunday (7 days from today) and the Goodbye screen displayed the option for timed charging which I selected. I plugged in the charging cable and the LED flashed blue. I just checked my Incontrol app and it indicates that timed charging is active. Thanks for the tip! Works like a charm.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Did all that. Selected timed charge. Programmed window gives 10 hours (10p - 8a) of charging and vehicle needs maybe 5 hours. There was some delay but did not wait for the 22:00 hour setting.
Departure time is set for 8am all week.
I have an old dumber than dumb Schneider 30 amp EVSE.

What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did all that. Selected timed charge. Programmed window gives 10 hours (10p - 8a) of charging and vehicle needs maybe 5 hours. There was some delay but did not wait for the 22:00 hour setting.
Departure time is set for 8am all week.
I have an old dumber than dumb Schneider 30 amp EVSE.

What did I do wrong?
I set only one departure time all week. 6am in the morning on Monday, or something like that. No others. Otherwise it actually sets the car temp and such, which I don't want. Then I make sure to hit the power button, wait for the "do you want to timed charge" question, hit yes, and then open the door. If I open before that, timed charge won't work.

It has nothing to do with your dumb charger. I have two dumb chargers and they both work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, newbie here, had the i3 for the last 5 years and 82k mi. Setting up timed charging was a 2 minute process.

With my new IPace, I just spent the last 2 hours trying to set up my timed charging. I sat up the preferred timed charging for midnight to 5 am. The manual shows a On/off button for the “goodbye screen” that some of you mentioned here. Somehow I don’t see the on/off button for the goodbye screen. Is my software not updated?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't have the on/off screen either, on either of our I Paces. I gave up trying to make it work, and accepted it as a bug on an otherwise great car. I expect a future update will make it work...maybe.

Hello, newbie here, had the i3 for the last 5 years and 82k mi. Setting up timed charging was a 2 minute process.

With my new IPace, I just spent the last 2 hours trying to set up my timed charging. I sat up the preferred timed charging for midnight to 5 am. The manual shows a On/off button for the “goodbye screen” that some of you mentioned here. Somehow I don’t see the on/off button for the goodbye screen. Is my software not updated?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts