Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OMM can store up to 10 user profiles. The user profiles are recognised by the smart key used.

The OMM uses the smart key to identify the user and set the vehicle to the settings of that user. Each smart key can be linked to 1 user profile. Each user profile can have up to 8 smart keys and 3 mobile phones linked as identifiers. If the smart key is not recognised, the user profile can be selected from the stored user profiles.

The Occupant Monitoring Module (OMM) learns mobile phone usage based on day of the week and time of day. For example; a user may use 1 mobile phone for business purposes on weekdays, and another mobile phone for personal use during the weekend. The SMART SETTING system learns which mobile phone is used based on the time/day parameters. A user notification is displayed in the TS if the learned mobile phone is not present.

The OMM learns the user's media usage patterns based on day of the week and time of day.

For example, at 8AM on weekdays, the user may listen to a particular station on digital radio. At 4 PM, the user may listen to music via Bluetooth®. On a weekend, the user may listen to music via a Universal Serial Bus (USB) connection. The relevant media source (including station in the case of radio) is automatically selected at the start of each drive cycle. Media usage patterns may take 2 to 3 weeks to learn.

The Occupant Monitoring Module (OMM) learns the interior and exterior temperature at which the heated steering wheel activates as well as the duration of activation. After 3-5 activations at the same temperature, the user preference is stored. The heated steering wheel automatically activates at the start of a drive cycle. The heated steering wheel activates if the exterior temperature is within +/- 1.5°C (2.7°F) of the learned temperature. The heated steering wheel will be switched OFF after the learned duration time has elapsed.

The Occupant Monitoring Module (OMM) learns the interior and exterior temperature at which the Heated or Climate seat functions are normally activated. The temperature setting and duration is also learned. After 3-5 activations at the same exterior temperature the user preference is stored. The function automatically activates at the start of a drive cycle if the exterior temperature is within +/- 1.5°C of the learned temperature. The heating or cooling function will be switched OFF, or the temperature adjusted, after the learned duration has elapsed.

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition
41 Posts
Thanks for the information you have learned and passed on. It is a real shame the system cannot learn the drivers seat usage. I like to use an exit/entry position (stored in seat memory 2) and a driver position (stored in seat memory 1). It appears to be a pipe dream this would be learned. As a workaround here is what does work, upon exiting the car unfasten the seat belt (very important), active seat memory 2, turn off ignition and exit and lock the car. Upon return to the car the seat will remain in that position for entry. After seated turn on ignition, wait for chime, select seat memory 1 and fasten the seat belt. While not optimal it seems to work. My previous car (Acura TLX) worked the seat just the way one would expect without any such intervention.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine doesn't learn any of that. I listen to XM radio every day but if I use Apple Car Play once, it will start with FM radio the next day. I use the seat cooler every day but it will never activate it on it's own.

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition
41 Posts
Here is something (appears to be a bug) with regards to profile learning. I have noticed, when editing a profile and selecting options for that profile, the system allows altering the default settings for learning categories as well as to forget what has been learned for everything and start over again. I have not had the time to see how learning takes place as Dernotte above who started this discussion. However, I have turned off the learning only to notice that it will not remain off. Shutting down the ignition, leaving the car, coming back and turning on the ignition you will find that learning has been turned back on. Anybody else notice this behavior. I stumbled across this during my attempt to have the seat positioning act as in my earlier comments above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts