Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My smart settings profile has disappeared twice now, within a month. I dont know what causes it but I cant even be bothered to set up a new one even though it only takes a few seconds. How is it for you guys? I think I am on 18D.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My profiles would disappear regularly while running 18D - sometimes daily. Since updating to 19A the profile has been great. Of course 19A introduces new problems so you'll have to weigh the benefits of upgrading.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
At 18D it happened often enough that I simply stopped. Also they would not reliably be recalled. So there was no point really.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My smart settings profile has disappeared twice now, within a month. I dont know what causes it but I cant even be bothered to set up a new one even though it only takes a few seconds. How is it for you guys? I think I am on 18D.
What exactly gats saved in a profile? When I turn on the car, it always goes to the home screen regardless of where it was when I turned it off. Should it be remembering anything other than sayimg hello?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bump.

My wife and I have profiles (seats, radio, etc.)

They've disappeared three times in three months. When you click on profile all that's there is "create".

Aggravating. Just me?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Nope it used to be very often in 18d, but since 19b it has only happened once (so much less often).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Bump.

My wife and I have profiles (seats, radio, etc.)

They've disappeared three times in three months. When you click on profile all that's there is "create".

Aggravating. Just me?
Someone on the U.K. I-Pace forum reported having problems when they built a profile with one key and a phone while the 2nd profile was built with phone only. Can you confirm that your profiles are separate key and phone?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Someone on the U.K. I-Pace forum reported having problems when they built a profile with one key and a phone while the 2nd profile was built with phone only. Can you confirm that your profiles are separate key and phone?
We don't use phones at all, just keys. Then her phone was primary and mine was secondary.

But they keep disappearing

·
Registered
692 Posts
We don't use phones at all, just keys. Then her phone was primary and mine was secondary.

I have no idea if this will work but perhaps add your phone to your profile and your wife's phone to hers. While my car was still on 18D it seemed that if both my wife and I had Bluetooth active on our phones and both were in the car the smart settings would go crazy to include disappearing. Likewise, if both keys were in the car smart settings would get confused.

So we only travel with one key and if I'm driving she turns off Bluetooth and vice versa.

It's all I got but worth a try.

·
Registered
692 Posts
b

Once I did have all my connected phones drop out of the system. It was probably due to putting the car in gear before the infotainment had completely loaded e.g. all icons displayed in the upper right corner of the touchscreen.

Many people wait until the touchscreen displays the menu before putting the car in gear to avoid the dreaded blank screen problem. I take it a little further by waiting until all icons are displayed and I receive the profile welcome notification. It's an additional 30-45 seconds to wait but my profiles and phone list haven't disappeared since adopting this technique.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks, we tried keys and phones this time.

Such a basic thing, you think they'd be able to get it right...
You're certainly right. The car was rushed into production and some have speculated it was due to emissions compliance. The car is much better than it was 9 months ago when I purchased mine. Infotainment is more reliable and key features work better.

Jaguar released 3 infotainment updates in 2019 and more will follow. It doesn't help you now but Jaguar is aware of the problems and are working to fix them. At first I was totally dissatisfied and considering going through the buy back process but other than a few niggles I am happy with the car.

This forum helped me solve many issues and I downloaded the iGuide app and would sit in the car and push buttons and icons until I was comfortable. The owners manual is poorly written and not understandable in some areas which was another source of my frustration.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts