Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
That '286' you see in the top item in the picture is a Pathfinder update not a car update. Pathfinder is the computer interface the dealers use to interface with the vehicles.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Zero. Have not been back to dealer since I drove off the lot.
Was in the tire shop for a single replacement due to a sidewall puncture.
Ok now I was in for 2 days a bit ago for regular maintenance, software update and recalls.
And today just got it back after 8 days to replace the charging port door locking assembly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
First owner in the area - owned since November of 2018. Been in the shop for two half-days for software updates, one full day for brake recall and one full day to replace the plastic front piece that was torn off by an unruly car wash. Fantastic vehicle...just wish the range was 10% greater. Yes, I've had the H264 update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had my FE since September of last year, currently almost 7000 miles, and 1 day in the shop for the following (all done at the same time):

H207 - HOOD LATCH AND CABLE

H213 - REGENERATIVE BRAKING SYSTEM NON-COMPLIANCE

H221 - INSTALL NEW CHARGE PORT LABEL

H228 - SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME

H237 - INSTRUMENT PACK CLUSTER UPDATE

Scheduled this week for H264, preliminary estimate is 1 day or less. Otherwise, one flat tire repair from a puncture, and nothing else.
First owner in the area - owned since November of 2018. Been in the shop for two half-days for software updates, one full day for brake recall and one full day to replace the plastic front piece that was torn off by an unruly car wash. Fantastic vehicle...just wish the range was 10% greater. Yes, I've had the H264 update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had my 2019 HSE 14 months with two visits back to dealer 90 mikes away in Rochester ny Both for the
Normal recalls. First was breaks and label on charger door the second
For the H 263 software update
With just under 13 k miles this car has been best of my life amazing

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 SE owned 10 months and same 35 days in the pokey.
  • Broken charge port lock
  • Blank touchscreen
  • Battery drain
  • Infotainment problems
  • Recalls and software updates
All fixed by an outstanding service department. Most repairs done within 90 days of ownership and only H264 update since early August. Knock on wood.... Despite rough start I'm glad I stuck with it!
Hello all, don't know really where to post this, but this thread seems right.
My first edition 2018 I-pace-HSE has been in the shop 15 times for all the issues written above and more! Great dealership, but can't really talk about the problems as the employees were afraid of getting fired!
Bottom line, one of the most annoying things is that I now dub it "mileage anxiety" as I know only get 176 miles on a 100% charge. It is a joke!
Please don't comment that it depends on how I drive, I have done literally everything and anything to get it right and especially instructions from the TA's.

Based on all the issues, which would take a book to do, I asked JLR to buyback the I-Pace and was turned down twice, with the answer that as the car gets older the mileage goes down. and remember all in October 2018 I drove off with he milage at 292!

There has been numerous other issues like the infotainment system completely not working to this day cannot fix it and the navigation is gone too. I truly just use Apple Car Play to navigate etc.

JLR had offered me one month's lease payment for my troubles, which is obscene!

So, sorry everyone, I do not hold this car in high regard and especially the powers to be. the dealer is awesome, but his hands are tied!

So....I went to a Lemon Law Attorney who is well known and after reviewing all the issues felt I had a case. I know what you all are thinking that the attorney takes everything on and that is far from the truth. The way it works in California is to do a demand and then hopefully get a response and if not then truly file a lawsuit. Well...JLR did not respond for 5 weeks, nothing!!

Three weeks ago after the no response I have filed a true lawsuit. I now have to wait another 3-6 months but this time they are required by law to respond!

The sad thing about all this is that my Father in 1962 drove off the lot the first XKE, so I had a love affair with jag for a long time and even sadder is that I will never ever buy Jag again and especially let people know hoe the higher ups treated me with no respect!

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
494 Posts
At the very least it sounds like the battery should be replaced under warranty, as you’ve dropped more than JLR’s specified % for replacement.

I would also think with CA‘s obsession for consumer rights, the Lemon Law would be an easy win given all your issues.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
278 Posts
Hello all, don't know really where to post this, but this thread seems right.
My first edition 2018 I-pace-HSE has been in the shop 15 times for all the issues written above and more! Great dealership, but can't really talk about the problems as the employees were afraid of getting fired!
Bottom line, one of the most annoying things is that I now dub it "mileage anxiety" as I know only get 176 miles on a 100% charge. It is a joke!
Please don't comment that it depends on how I drive, I have done literally everything and anything to get it right and especially instructions from the TA's.

Based on all the issues, which would take a book to do, I asked JLR to buyback the I-Pace and was turned down twice, with the answer that as the car gets older the mileage goes down. and remember all in October 2018 I drove off with he milage at 292!

There has been numerous other issues like the infotainment system completely not working to this day cannot fix it and the navigation is gone too. I truly just use Apple Car Play to navigate etc.

JLR had offered me one month's lease payment for my troubles, which is obscene!

So, sorry everyone, I do not hold this car in high regard and especially the powers to be. the dealer is awesome, but his hands are tied!

So....I went to a Lemon Law Attorney who is well known and after reviewing all the issues felt I had a case. I know what you all are thinking that the attorney takes everything on and that is far from the truth. The way it works in California is to do a demand and then hopefully get a response and if not then truly file a lawsuit. Well...JLR did not respond for 5 weeks, nothing!!

Three weeks ago after the no response I have filed a true lawsuit. I now have to wait another 3-6 months but this time they are required by law to respond!

The sad thing about all this is that my Father in 1962 drove off the lot the first XKE, so I had a love affair with jag for a long time and even sadder is that I will never ever buy Jag again and especially let people know hoe the higher ups treated me with no respect!

Thanks for listening.
Sorry to hear you are getting nowhere with these issues. I remember you posted a similar response a few months back.
It would seem that the infotainment issues should be readily fixable. Are these perhaps acct, software issues that local guys cannot help with?
Regarding the range issues you are having, short of having a very heavy foot and driving at high speeds with MAX AC on, it would seem you have a battery issue. Have they reported the health of the battery to you? Even during the coldest spell last winter, I was getting better than 176miles on highway driving.
I appreciate the therapeutic value of getting things off your chest and talking about them. If you would care to share more details, the forum community may be able to help either ameliorate some of these issues, or guide you through the Lemon law process.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You won't need H280. It is included in H264 since 29 January.

I had a problem with my fobs not locking or unlocking the doors after H264 was installed. Solution: dealer locked the car up inside the shop overnight (with a window open so they could reach lock and unlock buttons) and let the cat sleep off the operation. The next morning all was well.
My Jag got it's final H264 update January 28th. :rolleyes:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts