Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi-
I have the same issue with the grinding noise at 65 mph or so. What has been done to address this by the dealer?
Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
2019 HSE - 11 months, 15k miles, only been in for the S/W updates and recalls.

It does need to go in for the charger latch at some point though as the latch fell out of the door flap....

·
Registered
7 Posts
38 days and counting!!! I have driven it 55% of the time I have owned it and LRJ has had it 45% of the time.

I bought the car in December 2019. A week or 2 aftertook it to the shop for the H264 update and latch recall. While it was there, it had a complete system fail. It took them another 10 days to replace the BCM and the 12v battery. Got it home and the heated seats and steering wheel wouldn’t work. Back in for 2 days.
On Feb 24th, took it back because it was not recognizing the keys and it was losing memory (seats, users, XM programmed stations, phones).
I don’t have it back yet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 HSE that's about 1 year old.

So far in excess of 35 days in the shop.

To date: Repladed front motor, repaired faulty sunglass case, faulty 360 camera, and now twice in for grinding noise at 65+ MPH
Probably the same but the majority of the time was in the first month of ownership. I did have an issue with the 360 camera last Fall and it was in the shop for about a week (it was fixed while I was out of town) but no issues in the last 5 months.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi-
I have the same issue with the grinding noise at 65 mph or so. What has been done to address this by the dealer?
Thanks!
I'll DM you with the exact issue tomorrow. They found it - was actually wind noise around a flap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2019 HSE that's about 1 year old.

So far in excess of 35 days in the shop.

To date: Repladed front motor, repaired faulty sunglass case, faulty 360 camera, and now twice in for grinding noise at 65+ MPH
I've had my I-Pace seven months and have had it in the shop twice - once for four days because it wasn't charging to 100% and the second time (2.5 weeks & counting) because some of the battery cells needed to be replaced. I love the car but it is really trying my patience.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've had my I-Pace seven months and have had it in the shop twice - once for four days because it wasn't charging to 100% and the second time (2.5 weeks & counting) because some of the battery cells needed to be replaced. I love the car but it is really trying my patience.
Anytime the battery is involved in a repair I'd be nervous and frustrated too. Hope it all works out, eh?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had my car for two weeks... then it spent 59 consecutive days in the shop. It probably would have been there longer if I hadn't called corporate and threatened them with the lemon law. Unfortunately, I still have lots of charging issues but it hasn't (yet) been severe enough for me to throw in the towel. I do love the way the car looks and drives, so I'm not going to give up easily. I'm now in my 5th month of ownership.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have owned I-Pace for 15 mo.
In shop for same as EV CAT,
H207 - HOOD LATCH AND CABLE
H213 - REGENERATIVE BRAKING SYSTEM NON-COMPLIANCE
H221 - INSTALL NEW CHARGE PORT LABEL
H228 - SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM
H237 - INSTRUMENT PACK CLUSTER UPDATE

Plus latest work to fixed hood separation, leak in rear seal, and brake offline problem?
Have got to try 4 different loaner cars too.
Total days lost track but around 15.

·
Registered
14 Posts
purchassed I pace 2019 on october 28th 2019,

was in shop for 60 days november december to repair main battery, got the car back early january, was in the shop for 1 days last month due to door handle issue and software update, and is about to go back into the shop tomorow as it does not acept any charging anymore.

so in summary, about 2 month is shop in first 8 months of ownership

·
Registered
76 Posts
2019 HSE bought w/42miles on odometer. I was 1st owner. Have owned for 9 months, ~ 9000 miles.
Went to shop for H264 update. Not completed due to Topix issues. 3hrs. in shop. That afternoon I noticed my electronic key would only unlock doors if I had key within 1/4" of handle using pushbutton. 2nd try to load H264 was Sat. Trouble shot electronic key. 3 hours in shop. They ordered a new electronic key which I am still waiting for. I think it had to go to the space shuttle 1st. Not in any rush to upload H280 and loose the other key. Still have lots to learn, hope I don't die first! New tires will need to appear before December.

·
Registered
564 Posts
2019 HSE bought w/42miles on odometer. I was 1st owner. Have owned for 9 months, ~ 9000 miles.
Went to shop for H264 update. Not completed due to Topix issues. 3hrs. in shop. That afternoon I noticed my electronic key would only unlock doors if I had key within 1/4" of handle using pushbutton. 2nd try to load H264 was Sat. Trouble shot electronic key. 3 hours in shop. They ordered a new electronic key which I am still waiting for. I think it had to go to the space shuttle 1st. Not in any rush to upload H280 and loose the other key. Still have lots to learn, hope I don't die first! New tires will need to appear before December.
You won't need H280. It is included in H264 since 29 January.

I had a problem with my fobs not locking or unlocking the doors after H264 was installed. Solution: dealer locked the car up inside the shop overnight (with a window open so they could reach lock and unlock buttons) and let the cat sleep off the operation. The next morning all was well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I checked with Topix tonight and it still shows H280 is still outstanding for my car. It appears that they actually are up to version 286 for the H280 update. I still have one electronic key that works exactly as it should. The key he had, the day he tried the update, is the one that quit working from a distance(in your pocket) when trying to unlock the car. It still locks the car from across the parking lot and locks with the external door push button.
Jun242020TopixNotificationscrop.jpg

21 - 40 of 51 Posts