Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long have you had to wait for a service appointment. I just called Galpin Jaguar about an appointment for the H280 service and they told me that it would be until 3/17 for an appointment. That seems crazy to me. What is your experience?

·
Registered
111 Posts
At this point most dealers (in the US at least) have only a handful of service techs certified to work on the i-pace. My local dealer for example, has two, one of whom is the shop foreman who presumably has other supervisory duties as well. I would expect this to get better as more techs are trained on EVs, especially since Jag's next XJ is set to be electrified.

·
Registered
816 Posts
You can try other dealers, but I also found that most dealers are inundated with Range Rovers in for repair

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here in San Antonio the issue is how long to get an appointment that includes a loaner-
here it is in the 3 week range

·
Registered
564 Posts
How long have you had to wait for a service appointment. I just called Galpin Jaguar about an appointment for the H280 service and they told me that it would be until 3/17 for an appointment. That seems crazy to me. What is your experience?
Remember it's "Jaguar Land Rover" and Land Rovers are not the most reliable of vehicles so service bays are usually taken up.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I have gone to my Servicing Dealer 2x now; Thousand Oaks JLR. The first time I called the day before, and the second time they took me the day of. Both times they put me into new loan vehicles too! They are incredible. I have not heard anything amazing about Galpin :( Sorry. Hornburg is even worse!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here in Arizona its next day.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use Stevens Creek Jaguar in San Jose, CA. Stevens Creek has online appointment scheduling. Log in and find an available time. I like Dennis as my service advisor, so I look for one of his available morning times. The scheduler also allows exporting to Outlook making it easy to put it in the calendar and setup a reminder. Times are usually available 3 to 4 days out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I checked with South Bay Jaguar later in the day yesterday. They were offering me April 1 -- April Fools Day of all things. That seems crazy for a software upgrade ... Jaguar Brand Managers if you ware monitoring these boards, please take notice.

·
Registered
577 Posts
My experience has varied with the two closest dealers. From several weeks out ("I-pace certified technician is on vacation") to "Have you got time now? We can do it now."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newport Beach was 6 weeks and Mission Viejo was 3 weeks. However, Mission messed mine up and had to put me in a loaner for 19 days so it would have been about 6 weeks as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
In Charlotte, NC, my previous 2 times I needed a loaner, as they could not do the updates same day, it took about 3 weeks each time to schedule the appointment. I may need to try the other dealership in town and see if they are the same, but they are not as convenient for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2 weeks for me here in Cleveland Ohio with no loaner until I am an established customer. I bought the car online out of state so i do not have a relationship with my closest dealer.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
198 Posts
2 weeks for me here in Cleveland Ohio with no loaner until I am an established customer. I bought the car online out of state so i do not have a relationship with my closest dealer.
I'm a recent purchaser, also from an out of state dealer. I'm surprised that the loaner vehicle isn't a standard Jaguar offering. Is this the norm for others out there?

I will be taking my I-Pace in to my local Jaguar dealer for an inspection, second key fob not working, and software updates. I would expect the loaner offering to be standard to all Jag owners, especially while under warranty.

·
Registered
82 Posts
For me to get a loaner, pre COVID, it was about 3 weeks. Just took it in last week and I was able to get service within 2 days with a loaner. The only way to get a loaner vehicle at my dealership is to waste my time and call in for service, instead of doing this online.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to be clear about my earlier post this is my first Jaguar and I bought it form an out of state dealer so I had no prior relationships with any Jaguar dealers. I did call ahead and schedule the service (a/c issue, software updates / enable OTA updates) which the wait time was 2 weeks. At the time when I called I was told that no loaner would be offered since I was a new customer, I think the phrasing was that I wasn't an established customer. I actually dropped my car off today and when they told me they would need the car for a couple of days I asked again if a loaner was available and they told me no. I did take a quick look through the Jag website and I did not see anything stating that a loaner has to be or would be made available for warranty / CPO repairs. If the next time I call for service at the same dealer I am told that repairs are several weeks out and no loaner is available even now as an established customer I will try another dealership. This one is already 45 minutes from my house and unfortunately the next closest one is 20 minutes farther. They were polite about everything but still very inconvenient.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts