Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked up my new I-Pace a couple of hours ago and just love it. I have a number of things set up, but one setting is eluding me. When I turn the car off, I can hear the AC running outside and there is AC coming through the ducts. I see a pre-conditioning setting in terms of time and nothing is set, but I don't see a way to tell the car not to use pre-conditioning when you exit and turn the car off. Probably obvious, but I'm missing it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to check that next time. When I first noticed it I was sitting in the car and had just turned it off. I got out and heard the AC running (I'm assuming it's the compressor I heard). It only ran for a brief time, but I wasn't sure if that was just to cool down the interior or something else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you can't turn it off from the console, try the Remote Jaguar app, STOP it from the "Remote Climate" page. I had to stop a preconditioning once and it worked.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have two questions and I'd rather not clutter up this forum with questions for each:
1. I'm downloading an update for the Touch Pro that I guess the dealer didn't install. Does this update only install if the car is off & locked?

2. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the voice recognition for navigation is a disappointment. It seems to have trouble with virtually anything I say unlike my wife's Lexus or our late Tesla. I tried 'Navigate to Wendys'. No go. Then I tried 'Navigate to POI Wendys'. No go. So either I'm doing something wrong or the recognition just isn't very good. Maybe I need to speak in a British accent? ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,130 Posts
No shame in "cluttering" the forum. That's what it's there for. It's better to start a new thread if it's a new question ... 🍺

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can never get the satnav to work via voice. I had to resort to typing the address or use Google Map, whichever the quickest.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have two questions and I'd rather not clutter up this forum with questions for each:
1. I'm downloading an update for the Touch Pro that I guess the dealer didn't install. Does this update only install if the car is off & locked?

2. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the voice recognition for navigation is a disappointment. It seems to have trouble with virtually anything I say unlike my wife's Lexus or our late Tesla. I tried 'Navigate to Wendys'. No go. Then I tried 'Navigate to POI Wendys'. No go. So either I'm doing something wrong or the recognition just isn't very good. Maybe I need to speak in a British accent? ;)
The voice command was a nighttime at first so I called my salesman and he recommended that I change the language selection to U.S. English on both the touchscreen and instrument panel. I was really skeptical but gave it a try and sure enough it worked like a charm. I also use simple commands such as "Go home" or "Go to Walmart" and the system recognizes addresses too. I think the microphones are in the headliner so I speak a little louder and ensure that I'm not looking down when I speak.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The voice command was a nighttime at first so I called my salesman and he recommended that I change the language selection to U.S. English on both the touchscreen and instrument panel. I was really skeptical but gave it a try and sure enough it worked like a charm. I also use simple commands such as "Go home" or "Go to Walmart" and the system recognizes addresses too. I think the microphones are in the headliner so I speak a little louder and ensure that I'm not looking down when I speak.
That's hysterical! I actually find what you did entirely plausible! :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
That's hysterical! I actually find what you did entirely plausible! :)
I miss the car's British accent but worthwhile for me to get the voice command to work. To answer your question from the other thread, you don't need the AT&T sim to make voice command work. Since changing to U.S. English the Jag works almost as well as my Ford's Synch 3 which is an awesome system.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You da man!!!! I just changed the language to American English and it now works perfectly! That is just too funny. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
You da man!!!! I just changed the language to American English and it now works perfectly! That is just too funny. Thanks again. :)
You're very welcome. I love this forum! Great, patient members and the exchange of ideas, techniques and advice has made owning an I-Pace so much better. I relied heavily on this forum when I was a new member and they helped me through a rough few months when the car was in the shop.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Going back to pre-conditioning, do you have to set scheduled departure time for it to work? So why it does pre-conditioning even before you finished the current trip?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Going back to pre-conditioning, do you have to set scheduled departure time for it to work? So why it does pre-conditioning even before you finished the current trip?
You're correct, wuxyjj. For preconditioning to work a departure time must be set. I think the noise was from the battery temperature management system. I hear it after a long drive or if the battery is warm when I first charge it.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
381 Posts
There is another thread somewhere on the forum on this same subject. I have the opposite issue - my accent is not US English. For me the "real" English works best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts