Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
Maybe do what I did to get 20.2.

Go to dealer, tell service advisor that you have intermittent connection issues where it doesn't connect to anything (no 4G, no Live services, etc.) after start up and would like to try the 20.2 version to see if it resolves the issues. Have the service advisor look up your car in TOPIx, go to the software update page, and push the update out to your car. Then go back to your car in the dealer's parking lot, power up the car (foot off brake when pushing start button), and follow the prompts that come up when the car finds the update available.

Plan on this whole process to take 1/2 hour from convincing service advisor to push out the update to completion of the update in the car. If anything goes wrong, well, the car is there at the dealer for them to resolve. Nothing went wrong on mine. My service advisor didn't do any paperwork for this action.

Sometime before that, I got 19.2 by calling the dealer when I had issues of the car not having WIFI connections, nor finding any WIFI access points to list, for a period of 2 weeks, then magically resumed working. That service advisor pushed out that update without my being there. So if going to the dealer is an issue, try giving them a call.

·
Registered
2020 S Fuji White
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Go to dealer, tell service advisor that you have intermittent connection issues where it doesn't connect to anything (no 4G, no Live services, etc.) after start up and would like to try the 20.2 version to see if it resolves the issues. Have the service advisor look up your car in TOPIx, go to the software update page, and push the update out to your car. Then go back to your car in the dealer's parking lot, power up the car (foot off brake when pushing start button), and follow the prompts that come up when the car finds the update available.

Plan on this whole process to take 1/2 hour from convincing service advisor to push out the update to completion of the update in the car. If anything goes wrong, well, the car is there at the dealer for them to resolve. Nothing went wrong on mine. My service advisor didn't do any paperwork for this action.

Sometime before that, I got 19.2 by calling the dealer when I had issues of the car not having WIFI connections, nor finding any WIFI access points to list, for a period of 2 weeks, then magically resumed working. That service advisor pushed out that update without my being there. So if going to the dealer is an issue, try giving them a call.

Thanks. I wished it was not so complicated. I got the 19.2 one day at home. We should have to scheme and beg. Oh well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is so weird. I wish the over the air updates were handled better.

My car's clock is losing time / running slow . Our service guy said 'do a software update at home.'

????

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
The clock should set itself to GPS signal data, and cell phone time data as a back up method.

It also requires "Auto" to be set to on in the Data and Time settings. ("settings", "all settings", "general", "date and time")

·
Registered
I-Pace HSE MY20 Corris Grey, Pano roof
19 Posts
So I've just installed 20.2 - not driven since the installation, so nothing to report in that regard.

How did I get it? I simply sent an email to Jaguar Customer Services asking to have it pushed to my car. I included my VIN and registration number and they replied saying that had completed the push. Simple.

Reactions: Proxy

·
Registered
2020 S Fuji White
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I've just installed 20.2 - not driven since the installation, so nothing to report in that regard.

How did I get it? I simply sent an email to Jaguar Customer Services asking to have it pushed to my car. I included my VIN and registration number and they replied saying that had completed the push. Simple.
I haven’t heard from the Jaguar website. Do you recall what email address you used?

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
244 Posts
I haven’t heard from the Jaguar website. Do you recall what email address you used?
On several occassions I've just called the main customer service line and told the rep that I need them to pull up my vehicle in Topix and manually press the "update" button.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I need to go to the dealer in 2 days to fix a clunking noise in the steering that I can hear on a bumpy road. I don’t remember the exact piece they need to change. I will ask to push the 20.2. Still on 19.2.

·
Registered
2020 S Fuji White
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
There is an investigation into this noise in the USA. It is published somewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
2020 S Fuji White
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All:

The easiest thing to do in the US is call 1-800-4JAGUAR wait till the option to speak to a customer service agent and ask them nicely to push it to your car. All you need is the last 8 digits of your VIN!

Email is taking 4 days and counting. My dealership said that 20.2 wasn't for my car o=therwise it would have downloaded...useless people.

Updating tonight in my garage. Wish me luck!:)

Closing this thread

·
Registered
199 Posts
my car says its on version 15.2!!!! what??

it thinks it is up to date and my WIFI connection is enabled, so there isn't anything coming in over the airwaves to me!

I've messaged my contact at the dealer and I'll see what happens. I'm going to follow up on the door panel stickers too.

wish me luck!

·
Registered
231 Posts
my car says its on version 15.2!!!! what??

it thinks it is up to date and my WIFI connection is enabled, so there isn't anything coming in over the airwaves to me!

I've messaged my contact at the dealer and I'll see what happens. I'm going to follow up on the door panel stickers too.

wish me luck!
I was on 17.2. The dealer and Jaguar said a newer TCU is need to do even 19.2. It took a few weeks to get the newer TCU and now seems to work fine. Still need to call Jaguar to ask a push. Just got 20.2 OTA and now waiting for installing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts