Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

I did see a couple of posts a while back from those who have 'blacked out' their side window trim and the stainless steel trim around the front grill.

I would like to do this but I don't really want to pay a shop to do it for me.

Can anyone advise what material to use and whether any of the side or front trim has to be removed, to make a nice job?

If trim has to be removed, advice on how to do that would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Roger

·
Registered
837 Posts
I vinyl wrapped my grill, window trim, and painted the rear badge.
No chrome on any any part of the exterior.
I had mine done by a shop

Vinyl is going to the best way as @kkemp said

Reactions: DocHudson

·
Registered
837 Posts
One of the other benefits of vinyl is that it doesn't doesn't scratch and protects against rock chips on the grill

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered mine with the black exterior pack. You might be able to order that pack from your dealer's parts department if you want a simpler alternative that is probably more expensive.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I ordered mine with the black exterior pack. You might be able to order that pack from your dealer's parts department if you want a simpler alternative that is probably more expensive.
I looked into buying the black pack and replacing the chrome pieces.
It would be a couple thousand. The parts are extremely expensive

Black pack is a steal for the $

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can also order the carbon grill and mirror covers as an after purchase option. Carbon wrap would be cheaper though, but not as legit :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
One of the other benefits of vinyl is that it doesn't doesn't scratch and protects against rock chips on the grill
I definitely did not find this to be the case. The vinyl used for color change wraps (especially on trim) is usually much thinner than that used as paint protection film. The vinyl on my previous car definitely showed some scratches after 2 years where the chrome showed through the black vinyl. With respect to durability, I found the plasti-dip superior to vinyl (but the look is far inferior).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So just had the 'blackout' done on my car today. Wow, what a difference it made, especially as my car is white.

They did all of the side windows trim and grill surround in a gloss black vinyl.

Best $300 I have ever spent!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine came with chrome. I had the dealer change our to the black kit as part of the purchase.. Both windows and grill. I'm sure it can be ordered since they did it. Just not sure of the cost. Also they mentioned changing out the grill was actaully a lot of work. Not just a simple rip and replace. Windows trim went quick.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So just had the 'blackout' done on my car today. Wow, what a difference it made, especially as my car is white.

They did all of the side windows trim and grill surround in a gloss black vinyl.

Best $300 I have ever spent!!
Post some before/after pics please.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
688 Posts
Mine came with chrome. I had the dealer change our to the black kit as part of the purchase.. Both windows and grill. I'm sure it can be ordered since they did it. Just not sure of the cost. Also they mentioned changing out the grill was actaully a lot of work. Not just a simple rip and replace. Windows trim went quick.
Instructions for replacing the grill surround piece: JAGUAR Accessory Fitting Instructions
It does take a few minutes ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts