Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

I did see a couple of posts a while back from those who have 'blacked out' their side window trim and the stainless steel trim around the front grill.

I would like to do this but I don't really want to pay a shop to do it for me.

Can anyone advise what material to use and whether any of the side or front trim has to be removed, to make a nice job?

If trim has to be removed, advice on how to do that would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Roger

·
Registered
901 Posts
I vinyl wrapped my grill, window trim, and painted the rear badge.
No chrome on any any part of the exterior.
I had mine done by a shop

Vinyl is going to the best way as @kkemp said

Reactions: DocHudson

·
Registered
901 Posts
One of the other benefits of vinyl is that it doesn't doesn't scratch and protects against rock chips on the grill

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered mine with the black exterior pack. You might be able to order that pack from your dealer's parts department if you want a simpler alternative that is probably more expensive.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I ordered mine with the black exterior pack. You might be able to order that pack from your dealer's parts department if you want a simpler alternative that is probably more expensive.
I looked into buying the black pack and replacing the chrome pieces.
It would be a couple thousand. The parts are extremely expensive

Black pack is a steal for the $

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
119 Posts
One of the other benefits of vinyl is that it doesn't doesn't scratch and protects against rock chips on the grill
I definitely did not find this to be the case. The vinyl used for color change wraps (especially on trim) is usually much thinner than that used as paint protection film. The vinyl on my previous car definitely showed some scratches after 2 years where the chrome showed through the black vinyl. With respect to durability, I found the plasti-dip superior to vinyl (but the look is far inferior).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So just had the 'blackout' done on my car today. Wow, what a difference it made, especially as my car is white.

They did all of the side windows trim and grill surround in a gloss black vinyl.

Best $300 I have ever spent!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine came with chrome. I had the dealer change our to the black kit as part of the purchase.. Both windows and grill. I'm sure it can be ordered since they did it. Just not sure of the cost. Also they mentioned changing out the grill was actaully a lot of work. Not just a simple rip and replace. Windows trim went quick.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
857 Posts
Mine came with chrome. I had the dealer change our to the black kit as part of the purchase.. Both windows and grill. I'm sure it can be ordered since they did it. Just not sure of the cost. Also they mentioned changing out the grill was actaully a lot of work. Not just a simple rip and replace. Windows trim went quick.
Instructions for replacing the grill surround piece: JAGUAR Accessory Fitting Instructions
It does take a few minutes ;)

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
55 Posts
I think I paid $175 for the chrome delete, $150 for the rear badge
Okay now I need to do this, it looks great! Blue and the silver/whites are my favorite colors, I have the black. It does have a nice elegant look but that blue, love it!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
688 Posts
Okay now I need to do this, it looks great! Blue and the silver/whites are my favorite colors, I have the black. It does have a nice elegant look but that blue, love it!
That Cesium blue might be my fav colour. I am on Indus Silver I-Pace #2 (99% of the time I choose silver for all my cars), but every time I see pics of Cesium blue....I so want it!!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
321 Posts
That Cesium blue might be my fav colour. I am on Indus Silver I-Pace #2 (99% of the time I choose silver for all my cars), but every time I see pics of Cesium blue....I so want it!!
Caesium blue was my first choice, but it wasn't available in the 2019's when I bought. I have to say though, if I had the chance to swap out my Firenze red for the Caesium blue right now, I don't think I would do it. For me, the Firenze red really looks good!

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
55 Posts
Caesium blue was my first choice, but it wasn't available in the 2019's when I bought. I have to say though, if I had the chance to swap out my Firenze red for the Caesium blue right now, I don't think I would do it. For me, the Firenze red really looks good!
It’s funny, I’m not sure I would change mine either. I love my car so now I love the color!

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
55 Posts
If I filled my garage with kitties, the red would be my weekend one, blue my favorite and half the time daily driver, sexy silver and my black baby would split the other half of the daily work load. I guess I’d also need to add on to my garage for the fourth one Since kittty can’t sleep out in the cold

1 - 20 of 22 Posts