Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've noticed that the amount of energy reported by my home charger (juicebox 40) is about 10% more than what I've I've used to charge the car back up to full. Line loss/rebalancing/conditioning...so the amount of energy it costs to operate is not just the reported amount used by the car's on board system.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
I am not good with battery consumption, battery health, numbers....It seems my kitty uses a lot of battery.

Early this morning (62F) I drove to work, which is 18 miles each way (17.6 to be exact). When I left my home garage, I took my car off the wall charger. My car showed 100% SOC and the guess-o-meter showed 250 miles on Comfort, 254 miles on Eco.

After 36 miles round trip to work & home, my battery is now showing 85% SOC. Isn't 15% battery usage for 36 miles a lot?

Thanks.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I am not good with battery consumption, battery health, numbers....It seems my kitty uses a lot of battery.

Early this morning (62F) I drove to work, which is 18 miles each way (17.6 to be exact). When I left my home garage, I took my car off the wall charger. My car showed 100% SOC and the guess-o-meter showed 250 miles on Comfort, 254 miles on Eco.

After 36 miles round trip to work & home, my battery is now showing 85% SOC. Isn't 15% battery usage for 36 miles a lot?

Thanks.
Did you use the climate control? That will use additional energy. That being said, if you divide the miles traveled by the 15% of battery that you used, your range is 234 miles. So not bad at all.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
316 Posts

Thanks.
254/100 = 2.54 miles/% charge.
2.54 miles/%*15% = 38.1 miles

Looks pretty close.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Did you use the climate control? That will use additional energy. That being said, if you divide the miles traveled by the 15% of battery that you used, your range is 234 miles. So not bad at all.
I use the climate control 12 months out of the year, daily :) Thanks for getting back to me. 234 range is great. I feel better now. Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
254/100 = 2.54 miles/% charge.
2.54 miles/%*15% = 38.1 miles

Looks pretty close.
Great. I feel much better now. Thank you. I have had so, so many cars...and this I-Pace is one of my all time favs!!!!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
316 Posts
Great. I feel much better now. Thank you. I have had so, so many cars...and this I-Pace is one of my all time favs!!!!
I'm loving it as well, but not driving enough! ;)

I'm still getting used to driving style and how the battery is performing. I drove about 30 miles recently in a suburban setting and got within 1 mile comparing the odometer to the GoM, so not bad. (I didn't note the battery % change.) It was on a 80+ degree day and without A/C. The windows were open slightly and the climate control fan was running. I certainly haven't seen any trip that extrapolated out to a 270 mile range, but having only put about 250 miles on the car, that is not a surprise.:geek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts