Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm still trying to figure out my 2020 HSE. I enabled wifi in my car which works great and it allowed me to update my infotainment to 21B. My web browser will not work but once the dealer (claimed he can't push updates) updates my tcu to 19.2 I think web browsing will work. I have zero cell service at the house. I really didn't want to pay for the att hotspot. I guess the first question is should the browser work with wifi? How many of you have the ATT in-control service and is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
Yes, the browser should work if your car is connected to a WI-FI service (home or otherwise). I tried it to verify on 21A. Someone else may try on 21B to find out if they broke it.

Dealer should be able to push TCU 19.2 to your car, unless it is way too far back in versions. Mine was on 18.2 and the dealer pushed out 19.2 it a long time ago. The dealer should contact another dealer, or Jaguar, for training if dealer doesn't know how to use TOPIx to push out updates.

The browser is quite limited. You'd be better off connecting a pad type device (for example) to your phone for browsing while in the car.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The browser is quite limited. You'd be better off connecting a pad type device (for example) to your phone for browsing while in the car.
Yes, the browser is very limited. The passenger can't use it while you drive, it is slow, no Audio-Video plugin. If you look at the browser signature (User Agent), it is an outdated Android version.
What are your expectations from the browser ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just thought the browser would be nice to have but we have our phones so no big deal. The one thing I didn't like is that I'm not getting live traffic updates on the navigation screen. In my old car the GPS showed heavy traffic and suggested alternative routes. Do I need to pay for the ATT service to get this to work? I know a lot of GPS in cars use FM updates. It would suck if I need ATT just for this feature. I can live without the browser but I really do need traffic updates. I also can't find how to save recent destinations in my Nav. Overall I think the infotainment system is not terrible. I actually like it and speed is ok.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think you need a data plan. When I lost the connection with the SIM card, last year, the real time traffic info in the GPS was missing. You can get your own SIM car with any cheap data plan (1 or 2 GB/month)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's great news. It's only 10.00 a month for T-Mobile and I can keep my billing under one company. What happened when you put in the T-Mobile sim card? Was there any prompts, did you then have to create a hotspot? Did the live updates news, and traffic prompts when in nav work? We really only care about getting the live traffic updates. Our town is doing lots of work on the highway and there are times when its best to stay clear. On the old BMW the updates were automatic and were shown on the NAV screen as red. Then the nav would suggest alternative routes. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to try a T-Mobile sim car next week. I really need to have traffic alerts on my NAV. Does anyone know if the NAV will find an alternative route if there is heavy traffic? Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great information. I actually really like the nav system. However, if I type in a search term or address and make a typo I can't find a way to activate the cursor to type in the middle of a word for editing. I also could find an exclamation point. Oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts