Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new to me 2019 HSE with 4000mi yesterday. The hood sits a bit higher on the driver side than passenger side. Is there an adjustment on how the hood should latch? I tried turning the U bracket but it didn't seem to do anything to how that side of the hood sits when latched. Also turned the rubber knob on that side. I can push down on that side when latched and it can still travel a bit more lower.

What can be causing this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there an adjustment on how the hood should latch?
I had the same issue when I purchased mine, and when I took it in for some other issues and mentioned it, he simply took a screwdriver and adjusted the hood. I can't tell you exactly where it is right now, however, but it is an easy fix, so I wouldn't be concerned.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine sometimes stays like that (slightly raised on one side) when I close it and the car won't lock.
If I open it again and close it more powerfully, it goes in its correct position.

At first I thought there was something underneath (e.g. charging cable in the frunk) which prevented it from closing all the way. But it also does it when nothing is in the frunk so it seems there's some kind of issue there.

Today my wife commented how even though everything else in the car feels modern and smooth, opening and closing the hood feels old and clunky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't tried to put more pressure. Afraid it might dent the hood. Are you just swinging down from the top or lower it and apply pressure once it's partially latched?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I haven't tried to put more pressure. Afraid it might dent the hood. Are you just swinging down from the top or lower it and apply pressure once it's partially latched?
No, pressure once it's closed won't help. I'm talking about releasing it from a higher point or swinging downwards more forcefully, as you said.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,248 Posts
Have you got documentation that the recall for hood latch and cable was performed?
Fixing this would be included in the warranty. Yes, you are entitled to the balance of the 5 year/60K mile warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you got documentation that the recall for hood latch and cable was performed?
Fixing this would be included in the warranty. Yes, you are entitled to the balance of the 5 year/60K mile warranty.
I don't have that documentation but I searched on Jaguar VIN Recall page Jaguar Ownership - VIN Recall Search| Jaguar USA and nothing came up under my VIN. Safe to assume that it was performed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a new to me 2019 HSE with 4000mi yesterday. The hood sits a bit higher on the driver side than passenger side. Is there an adjustment on how the hood should latch? I tried turning the U bracket but it didn't seem to do anything to how that side of the hood sits when latched. Also turned the rubber knob on that side. I can push down on that side when latched and it can still travel a bit more lower.

View attachment 5664
What can be causing this?
There are a couple of bump stops at the front of the hood on either side. These screw in/out to adjust the hood level. Rotate clockwise to lower the hood edge to align with fender.
Tony

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Tomato, welcome to the forum.

I have had a few Jaguar / Landrover cars with aluminum body and panels. The newer cars have a release latch on each side of the front edge of the hood. Forcing the hood down by pressing on the aluminium panel can cause visible dents or ripples.

I was taught by my service department manager that the hood should be dropped from sufficient height to close it, it seems to be only about 10 inches. If only one side latches, release and raise the hood a little higher, and try again. The screw in adjusters are only for fine tuning the height.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two Tone is on the money... I had the same issue and ask the dealer to fix it and they said nothing was wrong.
looked at it and it was just to align the two bump stops now its aligned perfectly. funny they couldn't have worked it out

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I have a similar issue. The past few weeks, while driving, I get an alert that my hood is open. It comes out of nowhere, no bump or anything, and it happens once or twice a day. It appears that the latch on the passenger side is the culprit. The gap seems only millimeters larger on that side, barely noticeable. But I am concerned that at higher speeds, air could get under there and push the hood up, so I do pull over and fix it whenever the alert appears. PITA. Unlocking the hood and then bringing it down hard, and sometimes pushing a bit on the passenger side latch seems to solve the problem for the moment. But it interferes with locking and setting the alarm. I have a service appointment in 11 days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts