Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use a home tesla charger (48 amp) with an adapter cable that carries only 40 amp? My understanding is that I-pace does not draw more than 30 amps so that it would be ok, but I don't want to take a risk until I know for sure.
cable adapter:

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts
What model year is your I-PACE? There was a change with model year 2022. Previous to that the cars available in US can draw up to 32.x amps. I've seen mine draw up to 32.4 per the charger's phone app. Regardless, the car and charger should negotiate a charging rate that can be supplied and accepted.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What model year is your I-PACE? There was a change with model year 2022. Previous to that the cars available in US can draw up to 32.x amps. I've seen mine draw up to 32.4 per the charger's phone app. Regardless, the car and charger should negotiate a charging rate that can be supplied and accepted.

· Registered
995 Posts
The answer to your question is yes, you can use a 40A adapter no problem at all. But it would make more sense for you to get a 48A adaptor. You don’t know what your next EV will be and it’s not a significantly higher cost. But you know your situation best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts