Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to have a home L2 charging option and any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Also, in case that you are not aware, Congress recently extended retroactively the tax credit for EVSE purchasing and installation (up to $1,000 for home and $30,000 for business) to include 2018, 2019, and through Dec. 31, 2020.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Jaguar recommends ChargePoint, but there are many other brands.
I received one for free from Jaguar and I love it. The app is very useful and can be combines the data from public CP chargers

I always recommend the ChargePoint Flex NEMA so it's easier to move it down the line.
The 25 foot so it can charge across the garage if needed

·
Registered
603 Posts
Bought Chargepoint Home Flex from Amazon in March when they had a 20% off sale. It just got delivered yesterday and installation was super easy. I already have an existing NEMA 6-50 outlet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a Mustart charger - it's a no frills, basic charger that was recommended by other members on this forum.

I just noticed that I cannot find some of the old discussion threads.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
Yeah I think the indexing didn't complete so searches give incomplete results. You may need to browse through the forums to find old threads :(

·
Registered
268 Posts
I need to have a home L2 charging option and any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Also, in case that you are not aware, Congress recently extended retroactively the tax credit for EVSE purchasing and installation (up to $1,000 for home and $30,000 for business) to include 2018, 2019, and through Dec. 31, 2020.

Thanks for the tax credit information. I wasn't aware of the credit for home installation.

Do you know if this (up to) $1,000 tax credit for home installs is based on the same 30% of the total, or straight up 1-1 credit up to that sum?

TIA.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks for the tax credit information. I wasn't aware of the credit for home installation.

Do you know if this (up to) $1,000 tax credit for home installs is based on the same 30% of the total, or straight up 1-1 credit up to that sum?

TIA.
Are you sure the tax credit isn't just for alternative fuels, not electric related?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

TIA.
Are you sure the tax credit isn't just for alternative fuels, not electric related?
It is clearly stated that EVSW purchasing and installation cost are qualified for tax credit but it seems only to be up to 30%. Still batter than nothing. Also many states have additional local incentives. Unfortunately, none in SC for me. Anyway, here is another link on that:

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
So if you fill out the IRS form 8911 it is rather straight forward. In line 1 of this form you insert the amount of the L2 charger + install (in my case $697 + $310) = $1007.00 Line 11 is 30% of this total =$302. Now the maximum that can be claimed is $1000.00. You then will enter the smaller of your 30% number or $1000.00. In my case I received a reduction off my total tax bill of $302. I waited for Turbo Tax to obtain the 2019 IRS form 8936 (Electric Vehicle Credit) and when that form became available the form 8911 was also in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts

ChargePoint® is a leading provider of electrical vehicle “EV” charging.
ChargePoint sends data to Clearview Energy which is used to reimburse you for the kWh EV charging that occurs between 7PM Friday and 7AM Monday with a monthly cap of 250 kWh.
ChargePoint sends data to Clearview Energy which is used to reimburse you for the kWh EV charging that occurs between 7PM Friday and 7AM Monday with a monthly cap of 250 kWh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts