Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I tried to use my L2 (Mustart) charger at home after almost 3 weeks, it's getting stuck at "Initializing" stage. I tried my trickle charger and it seems to be working fine. I tried a public CP station which also seems to be working fine. This makes me believe that it's probably the Mustart that's having issue and not the I-Pace, but wanted to double check with the experts here first.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had a JuiceNet do the same thing. They replaced it under warranty and fine ever since. Bow old is the charger?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
904 Posts
Is the latch on the connector to the car operating smoothly and "full range"? The hooking latch on the plug has to operate smoothly and fully to lock the connector to the car in order to get past "initializing".

I've met several chargers at locations where this has been a problem and required "encouragement" to lock the connector to the car. If stiff, the lock solenoid may not be able to push the locking pin out far enough to lock the connector and allow charging to start.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the latch on the connector to the car operating smoothly and "full range"? The hooking latch on the plug has to operate smoothly and fully to lock the connector to the car in order to get past "initializing".

I've met several chargers at locations where this has been a problem and required "encouragement" to lock the connector to the car. If stiff, the lock solenoid may not be able to push the locking pin out far enough to lock the connector and allow charging to start.
Yes, it does latch; I have even tried to push/wiggle it without applying too much pressure and it still didn't help. So far, I have tried plugging in the charger 3-4 times w/o any luck.

As a side note, I have initiated a warranty case with the vendor... will let you all know how that goes.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I had this problem with my previous juicebox before the CP I have now
It ended up being a voltage problem at the fuse box. Once that was fixed, it worked fine

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When I tried to use my L2 (Mustart) charger at home after almost 3 weeks, it's getting stuck at "Initializing" stage. I tried my trickle charger and it seems to be working fine. I tried a public CP station which also seems to be working fine. This makes me believe that it's probably the Mustart that's having issue and not the I-Pace, but wanted to double check with the experts here first.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I own a Mustart and have had no issues with it, which version do you have? Have you tried unplugging and replugging the Mustart unit from the wall to reset? It could be just a defective unit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I own a Mustart and have had no issues with it, which version do you have? Have you tried unplugging and replugging the Mustart unit from the wall to reset? It could be just a defective unit.
It's their latest version (40Amp) and I did try unplugging it, but that didn't help either.

I contacted Mustart's customer service and they asked me for few details and a video showing the status/display on the unit which I sent them yesterday. Within a day of my initial contact, they have agreed to send me a new unit, so hopefully I will get it soon.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ah I has the 32 amp version, so it may also be something about their negotiation for charging. I know that my I Pace works fine with a few different 32amp branded and has no issues with Porsches 9KW charger.

·
Registered
25 Posts
With my Chargepoint I just power cycled the charger and it started working again. No problems since.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vendor sent me a replacement charger and it's working, so as suspected, old unit was defective.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts