Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to buy anything to charge using a 220v/50A outlet? Same outlet we installed for our Tesla Model 3. Is a NEMA 14-50 outlet.

Tesla and Audi include a contraption (level 2 charger) which plugs in and charges over night. How about Jaguar?

-Jeff in San Francisco

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Jeff, I'm a n00b and waiting on my I-Pace that I ordered to arrive mid August, it will be my first BEV, but as I understand it, the vehicle only comes with a Level 1 charger, no level 2 is provided. Jag recommends installing a ChargePoint CPH25 charger which you can get on Amazon, HomeDepot, etc. You can also purchase just a Level 2 Charging cable but Jag may tell you they don't support it. If you search around, you will find plenty of options.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cph25
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=level+2+charger
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=level+2+...350MKUXK4W3EO&sprefix=level+2+charger+nema+14

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Do I need to buy anything to charge using a 220v/50A outlet? Same outlet we installed for our Tesla Model 3. Is a NEMA 14-50 outlet.

Tesla and Audi include a contraption (level 2 charger) which plugs in and charges over night. How about Jaguar?

-Jeff in San Francisco
The one that comes with the car (110v) doesn’t even make a good wheel chock. While it is better than nothing, that is not saying much.

You can use your Tesla charger with the I-Pace if you buy a Tesla Tap. There have been several posts about it in the past. Use the search function of the forum looking for Tesla tap and you should be able to track it down

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
All L2 chargers (outside of Tesla) will work. You just want to ensure it delivers 32A of juice. There are some 15a and 20a ones out there, but I don’t recommend them. Heck, it takes 12hours to charge this beast at a full 32amps as it is.

I am using my 32a L2 charge that i got when I bought my i3 with no issues at all.

I only seem to have problems with L3 communication issues but after a couple tries, it starts working.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a Juice Box 40 Amp charger to charge my 5 electric cars (3 Tesla, 1 Fiat, 1 Jaguar). It plugs right into the Nema 14-50 outlet. Tesla vehicles come with a J1772 adapter so that it will work with all of your electric cars. Get the WiFi version.

Brent

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
215 Posts
As long as your WiFi reaches the garage, the ChargePoint CPH25 rates really high in my book.

The app is top-notch and it sets you up for charging both at home and away. It provides a unified display of charging rate and times for any ChargePoint charger you use (regardless of where you charged, home or otherwise). It also taps into the rate info for many utilities (mine included) and gives a pretty accurate estimation of how much you are spending on charges.

You can schedule your charges for late night to help out the power grid plus it is supposed to be better for the battery not to sit with a full charge... so I time mine via the app to hit a nearly full charge just before I plan to leave in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts