Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my new i-Pace SE in March 2020. After 6 weeks and only just over 600 miles got a "High Voltage System Failure" on the main display. The car had to go to the dealership and has been there ever since - still there!
I'm going through the process of asking for a refund.
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
866 Posts
Software not up-to-date and 12V battery issues have triggered this for some people. These cause problems with monitoring that in turn trigger false alarms about the HV system (and other things).

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was unable to start my car with a similar number of miles on it. I got every conceivable warning that the car was capable of displaying. The car was towed to the dealer, but I had it back the next day. It turned out to be nothing more than a bad ground connection which can lead to all kinds of triggered alarms.

Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong with your kitty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bought my new i-Pace SE in March 2020. After 6 weeks and only just over 600 miles got a "High Voltage System Failure" on the main display. The car had to go to the dealership and has been there ever since - still there!
I'm going through the process of asking for a refund.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Yes, just got mine back. It was gone for 2 weeks. It ended up being a bad battery energy control module (part number T4K9824 MODULE-BAT). It works fine, so far, after having it back for a week.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
207 Posts
Mine was down for 5 weeks in August/September 2019 (purchased in March 2019). Like nath_h they replaced the battery energy control module, as well as both 12v batteries that were apparently impacted as a side effect. From what I heard it was one of the first times that failure had occurred so it took them longer than usual to get the procedures worked out and the needed equipment in place. I'd expect more recent cases will be fixed more quickly... on the chance that is the problem.

But that particular module failure seems to be fairly rarely mentioned on the forum. Hopefully yours will be simpler and much faster. On the good news front the car has performed perfectly ever since!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts