Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am considering leasing or purchasing an I-Pace in the next few months and I have really enjoyed this forum as a resource. I am not in a hurry to close a deal, but I have been offered lease terms that seem pretty good. Here are the details:

- 2019 First Edition
- Dealer Demo with about 3,000 miles on it.
- MSRP: $88,625
- Sales Price: $71,125
- Cash Down: $2,500
- $7,500 tax credit applied to lease
- Mileage: 10,000/year
- Term: 39 months
- Monthly Payment: $831.71

So, bottom line is $2,500 down and $831.71 for 39 months. This would be a great deal on a brand new car IMO, but I am not sure how much of a break I should be getting since it is a dealer demo.

I am OK with colors although it is not exactly what I would choose if I special ordered. It has all the options I want except for comfort seats, and it has 22" wheels while I would prefer 20".

I am concerned that early build 2019 I-Paces may have a higher rate of mechanical problems.

Should I go for this deal? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

-Grant

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Hi, I am considering leasing or purchasing an I-Pace in the next few months and I have really enjoyed this forum as a resource. I am not in a hurry to close a deal, but I have been offered lease terms that seem pretty good. Here are the details:

- 2019 First Edition
- Dealer Demo with about 3,000 miles on it.
- MSRP: $88,625
- Sales Price: $71,125
- Cash Down: $2,500
- $7,500 tax credit applied to lease
- Mileage: 10,000/year
- Term: 39 months
- Monthly Payment: $831.71

So, bottom line is $2,500 down and $831.71 for 39 months. This would be a great deal on a brand new car IMO, but I am not sure how much of a break I should be getting since it is a dealer demo.

I am OK with colors although it is not exactly what I would choose if I special ordered. It has all the options I want except for comfort seats, and it has 22" wheels while I would prefer 20".

I am concerned that early build 2019 I-Paces may have a higher rate of mechanical problems.

Should I go for this deal? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

-Grant
I'm not clear when you say the $7500 is applied to the lease - is that being used as part of the discount to bring the sales price to $71125 or is it on top of that? In other words, is the effective sales price $71125 or $63625? Either way it is a pretty good deal, but the $71125 is on the higher end of prices for 2019's that I have seen. Some folks have reported getting discounts of well over $20k off non-demo cars, but that is likely regional, with bigger discounts in the large, California markets.

I don't think there has been any definitive evidence to support the theory the earlier build cars are more susceptible to issues. In fact, I haven't seen anything to indicate what the failure rate is of the I-Pace, so it is impossible to know if it is better or worse than any other car. Hanging out on this forum may make it seem like there are a ton of problems, but considering there are only a few dozen active members, you cannot extrapolate any data trends from the forum reports.

If the car fits your lifestyle, it will likely bring you great enjoyment, just go in with eyes wide open. The charging network in most areas of the country is still lacking. The speed of charging is relatively slow, even with 150kWh chargers. JLR is a relatively small player in a big market, so the level of support may not match your expectations if you are coming from a larger brand (MB/Audi/BMW/Honda/etc) and as a part of that some dealers are ill-equipped/prepared or just don't have the desire to do it right when it comes to the I-Pace.

Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
[I just found this thread in moderator purgatory ... ironic ... somehow the purgatory bot held a thread that includes a post by a fellow moderator, haha :]

Dear burtong23, I'm sorry your post is only appearing now. I think the various dollar amounts in your post made it look like spam. Welcome!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think a lot depends on where you are: as Dantrium noted there are stories of huge discounts around, but they appear to be limited to California. My dealer (in MA, so take it with a grain of salt) told me that JLR basically forced a ton of I-paces on CA dealers, who are now struggling to unload them. These cars cannot easily be moved for a variety of reasons, such as an apparent law in CA that cars leased there must be registered there.

From my back of the envelope math it looks like a pretty good deal, but it's hard to say for sure without all the data. Your total payments are under $35,000 which seems to imply a decent residual and/or money factor, but without knowing how taxes and fees work in your jurisdiction it's not clear what that amount includes.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
711 Posts
A few weeks ago I got a 2019 I-Pace HSE. Not a demo, brand new (37 miles). My MSRP is not far from yours.

I got a 36 month lease, 12k miles a year, $2300 down and my payment is lower incl. tax and I got the free ChargePoint charger and $1500 install credit.

I am in CA, as as kkemp mentioned this might be why my deal is better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great deal for a first edition. I leased mine with 7k down and payment with tax about $880. Federal credit also applied. I would take that deal in a heart beat for a first edition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts