Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I-Pace 2021MY owner for about two weeks now.
Really delighted with the car so far. Some annoying software issues but they don't distract that much from the driving experience.
Fantastic machine.

Lar

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
Hi and Welcome! Other than the infotainment system, do you notice changes from 2020 models (if you've driven those)?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It's definitely a drivers car. Infotainment can be buggy, but the quality, look and feel of the machine are exhilarating

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
306 Posts
Hi and Welcome! Other than the infotainment system, do you notice changes from 2020 models (if you've driven those)?
I hate the Touch Pro Infotainment. I had it in a replacement car for 2 days whilst my MY21 was having some of the software issues examined and it felt like using a really early "smartphone" pre iPhone or modern android compared to the Pivi in my car. Pivi Pro is a huge leap forward albeit still quite buggy. The look and feel is just sleeker and much more modern.

I have only driven the earlier model a little early last year before I ordered mine but what I like is the clearsight rear mirror, the fact that the charge flap gives a warning when open (which I understand earlier models do not), the speed and quality of the 360 cameras and the number of view options.

Max charging definitely seems to be better (I have had mine charge at 120Kwh), I prefer the front grille with steel insets.

What I don't like is the inability to change the eSim for Infotainment and thus being forever stuck on the UK's worst mobile network. The absence of steering assist is a real annoyance as are the ongoing bugs in the Infotainment (albeit is is now better than it was) and some controls.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was hoping the new system would be bug free. I'm used to the touch pro duo which is working fine now since I had to replace the infotainment master controller. I guess I don't what I'm missing. The digital rear mirror and wireless charging would be nice to have but not enough to upgrade at the end of my lease. I wouldn't miss the steering assist personally

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had a 2019 model for a four day test drive in January last year. That car had air suspension and a few other extras compared to our new I-Pace. I am prefectly happy with the standard suspension. The single phase AC charging on the previous model was the reason that we didn´t order early last year. In Germany, and most central European countries, the supply is three phase. This means that the mobile wallbox that we have can deliver around 11kW per hour compared to 3.4 kW in single phase. The car can comfortably reach a full charge overnight compared to about 30 hours on single phase. The single most annoying issue with the Infotainment system is the Navigation system. The inability to have proper control of the how the navigation system automatically adds charging stations to a route is really disappointing. It would be great to be able to prefer certain charging providers and exclude others (like Ionity).

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
306 Posts
We had a 2019 model for a four day test drive in January last year. That car had air suspension and a few other extras compared to our new I-Pace. I am prefectly happy with the standard suspension. The single phase AC charging on the previous model was the reason that we didn´t order early last year. In Germany, and most central European countries, the supply is three phase. This means that the mobile wallbox that we have can deliver around 11kW per hour compared to 3.4 kW in single phase. The car can comfortably reach a full charge overnight compared to about 30 hours on single phase. The single most annoying issue with the Infotainment system is the Navigation system. The inability to have proper control of the how the navigation system automatically adds charging stations to a route is really disappointing. It would be great to be able to prefer certain charging providers and exclude others (like Ionity).
This isnt true I have single phase (as does.most.of the UK) and it reliably delivers 7.2kw.. 3 phase would be better but hardly worth the £18k cost of upgrading my home supply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I-Pace 2021MY owner for about two weeks now.
Really delighted with the car so far. Some annoying software issues but they don't distract that much from the driving experience.
Fantastic machine.

Lar
ı have 2021 car .. conneckt servıce update software

turkey service update and ugrade software;İ ı very happy :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This isnt true I have single phase (as does.most.of the UK) and it reliably delivers 7.2kw.. 3 phase would be better but hardly worth the £18k cost of upgrading my home supply.
The UK electricity system delivers 230 Volts rms at 32A single phase which produces your 7.2 kW. Standard supply here is 3 phase 230 Volts rms at 16A producing 3.68 kW per phase, in total 3X3.68=11.04 kW. The previous IPace with the single phase onboard AC rectifier/charger will only draw 3.68 kW per hour. There are ways of doubling that by combining 2 phases into a single one, for example the Juice Phaser, you then get around 7.36 kW without tripping your 16A supply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts