Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first EV and my second Jaguar... the first was a while ago now. It was old and I was young. Loved the soul of that car and had a lot more patience for being stranded when it broke down and left me far from home.

Have been a fan of Musk’s EV revolution for years, but found the Tesla’s to be too generic. I have buddy In D.C. who bought an I-Pace this summer and is loving it. I decided to give it a gander and lo and behold, I pick up a black HSE on Wednesday.

Can’t wait!

(now to get a charger installed and figure out what I have committed myself to 😆)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome from Oakville. Great car. There are a few around here but not many. Had mine for a year and only 1 issue requiring a visit to the dealer - software reset/update for blank screens. I have 17000 km on mine, only done a couple of medium length trips. Charging almost exclusively at home. Hope you got a deal on it - wasn't much of a discount when I picked mine up last year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi @gtquan. Thanks for reaching out. Lots of Tesla’s in Oakvillle. You and your I-Pace are not going to blend in for a while! I’m happy with the deal, and have no dilutions about depreciation - enjoy the ride and don’t think about it!

Et bonjour, @dernotte ...enchanté.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Phil,

Greetings from Waterloo—there are four I-Paces in town here, but exponentially more Teslas. Lol

To be honest, I like it that way. Most people have no idea what I am driving.

There are so few of us we should probably start a gang or something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Phil,

Greetings from Waterloo—there are four I-Paces in town here, but exponentially more Teslas. Lol

To be honest, I like it that way. Most people have no idea what I am driving.

There are so few of us we should probably start a gang or something.
Great idea...

The Sons of Electricity? :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Greetings from Toronto - in the past 16 months of ownership I've seen prob around 8 other i-paces. Once there were three of us together. So rare I'm still getting looks from pedestrians and other drivers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
How have you found performance in winter conditions?
Great, although I have the 22” summer only tires so I leave it at home when it snows too much. Well, like if it snows at all really. Lol

It sure is nice getting into a perfectly heated car before I go with the garage door kept closed and no exhaust to poison the family.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greetings from Toronto - in the past 16 months of ownership I've seen prob around 8 other i-paces. Once there were three of us together. So rare I'm still getting looks from pedestrians and other drivers.
You certainly can't say that about a Model X or Y. Although I know JLR would love Tesla's EV sales volumes, it is fun to be different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been fence-sitting here in Toronto, and thinking that I would prefer to have a 2021, However given the dismal sales numbers for Canada I am wondering if there will be any 2021s, given that it seems that the majority of dealers have lost interest in the model and are not reordering. Year-to-date sales for 2020 (according to Good Car Bad Car) are only 53, down by 82% compared to the same period last year (while the overall Canadian market has seen an average drop of 24%) .
And it baffles me that the E-tron is outselling the I-Pace by something like six to one.

Does the I-Pace have a future here? Will I one day be able to drive a 2021?

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
I don't know but somehow it feels like 2021 won't see a big upgrade. If you like the car now is the time to take advantage of the insane deals you can get on 2020s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know but somehow it feels like 2021 won't see a big upgrade. If you like the car now is the time to take advantage of the insane deals you can get on 2020s.
Thanks for the reply.

I understand that the 2021 gets a better infotainment system and a fast onboard charging system for home charging.

Re the insane deals, I don't see much evidence that dealers here are offering those. Discounts are never advertised on current-year cars, and one dealer with a "new" 2019 HSE (with 15,000 miles on it) has recently discounted the car (by 16.7%) from its 2019 MSRP. Perhaps that could be defined as "insane", but I know that's not what you mean. :)

As best I can tell there are only about twenty 2020 models in inventory in the entire country... along with a similar number of 2019s and First Editions). There's one in stock nearby which has most everything that I need and want... along with a lot of stuff that I neither need nor want (such as illuminated door sills) so I might make an offer on it if it appears that there will be no 2021s on the horizon for this country. (I see that the 2021 configurator is up and running on the UK site).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dealers in Canada seem quite disinterested in selling this car. Agree that there were minimal discounts. I got 7k off the MRSP according to dealer on a 2020 HSE exactly 1 yr ago. 12k off the build price on the Jag website.

The infotainment system works quite well now. Haven't played with the new pivi pro though - its in the new Defender. Faster level 2 charging not that helpful for me. The digital rear mirror/camera and wireless charging would be helpful but not worth it if you can get a good deal on a 2019 or 2020.

My car has been outstanding. EVs in general are great depending on your needs. If I had to do frequent long trips this car or any EV are likely not a good idea. My commute is 30km one way, longest drive is 200km to cottage with a 240v plug there. Ipace is perfect for this.

·
Registered
196 Posts
And it baffles me that the E-tron is outselling the I-Pace by something like six to one.
Yeah - pondered this. I suspect it's number of factors. Jaguar has always been a niche brand. Not many people think to buy a Jag and that applies to people looking at EVs. I think a lot of EV buyers in this price range are a bit older, want a larger more traditional SUV for their 1st foray into EVs and Audi is a more established brand. Ipace is a bit unique, like a large EV sports car, not as much storage, happens to have some off road capabilities - bit of jack of all trades, master of none. Taycan seems to be selling well and it's more expensive - Porsche decided to make it a no compromise EV sports sedan - no identity crisis there. I hope the ipace starts selling better as I'd like to keep mine for a long time. My lease is up in 2 years and I worry about the future of Jag, ongoing support of the Ipace...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts