Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a generic 7kW charging cable, not a fancy schmancy ChargePoint or whatever wall unit. The latest quirk has surfaced during recent hot days here where the car decides to cut off the current (maybe because of battery balancing, or maybe because it's hot, or who knows) and the car's alarm goes off! I have reproduced this several times now to the great annoyance of my neighbors. >:)

So now I'm charging the car while it's unlocked. It still cuts off the current in regular intervals but then it comes back on. Weird. Maybe a BCM update will fix it some day.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have a generic 7kW charging cable, not a fancy schmancy ChargePoint or whatever wall unit. The latest quirk has surfaced during recent hot days here where the car decides to cut off the current (maybe because of battery balancing, or maybe because it's hot, or who knows) and the car's alarm goes off! I have reproduced this several times now to the great annoyance of my neighbors. >:)

So now I'm charging the car while it's unlocked. It still cuts off the current in regular intervals but then it comes back on. Weird. Maybe a BCM update will fix it some day.
Hrm... we never park the car locked because it's in the garage. Never experienced this.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts

I have no experience of this issue with my I -Pace, however I am curious when it stops charging does it go into the initializing status and then after time passes revert into the charging status or does it just completely stop and then come back to the charging status?

·
Super Moderator
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am curious when it stops charging does it go into the initializing status and then after time passes revert into the charging status?
That's what it does. But I seem to have a serious battery issue, so that may be a confounding factor here. I just figured this out today. Will post about it later.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I charge my I-Pace locked almost every time. It charges in a very hot garage which is over 100 degrees often. While charging, the alarm has never been triggered and the current has never dropped out completely as far as I can tell based on graphs from my JuiceBox charger's app. What you're experiencing doesn't seem normal even for a car with as many quirks as I-Pace.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I charge my I-Pace locked almost every time. It charges in a very hot garage which is over 100 degrees often. While charging, the alarm has never been triggered and the current has never dropped out completely as far as I can tell based on graphs from my JuiceBox charger's app. What you're experiencing doesn't seem normal even for a car with as many quirks as I-Pace.
I agree. Florida heat and hot garage with a generic Mustart charger. I have not experienced the EVSE sensing any type of heat related failure.
I'm assuming you have a dedicated circuit that is not shared with any other 240V appliance. Your other posts about the current battery issues does seem more likely, especially considering you are seeing 140 miles, not 180 to 200 with normal hot weather driving. It seems like the battery is sending the thermal signal. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Since there is no mention, was the coolant level checked? To date, I've only checked mine once as it isn't the easiest to get to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts